Moms and Maids

MOH has a question!

Is it customary for the BM's to go in together to get a gift for the bride or can we do separate gifts?  I guess I didn't realize that we would go in on one, but a few of the BM's have emailed me (Im MOH) and asked about the gift WE are getting her.  Let me know if I'm out of the loop!  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MOH has a question!

• KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know for a fact that my Bridal Party is NOT going in on a gift.  I don't think you HAVE to.  If you WANT to, then by all means go for it.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • edited December 2011
    I guess they can do whatever they want, but I have never heard of it before. I think all of my BM's will be getting us a gift seperately or like with FI's sister who is still in college, she may go in with his parents or something which is totally understandable.
  • angel2210angel2210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Isn't the collective bridesmaid gift the bachelorette party/shower (assuming they throw either, which is NOT required)?
    Photobucket
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angel is right:  traditionally, the bridal shower is the MOH+BMs gift to the bride.

I have only been to one shower where the MOH and BMs gave gifts.  And that was really weird, because all but ONE of them bought gifts that were about $50 each.  The other girl, who had expected to be named the MOH but was not, bought a $500 Kitchen Aid mixer - to say that SHE should have been the MOH.  Totally awkward moment.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was MOH for my good college friend several years ago.

Her mother threw the shower at her home, so I traveled to it and brought my friend a gift.  I also bought her a wedding gift.

I did, however, get the bridesmaids together for a small gift from us that we gave to her as she was getting ready.  It ended up not being expensive so I just paid for it, but it was from all us.  It was a silver frame with their wedding date on it and a blue matte (her wedding color) that we all signed with a little note.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies, I appreciate all the input.  We ARE throwing her a shower/party and I will just have everyone do their own thing... I do love the idea of getting her something while she's getting ready.  I had considered this earlier and I LOVE the frame idea!  Thanks!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with angel... bachelorette is your time to put your heads together and plan something fabulous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards