Moms and Maids
Options

geesh

I have removed my orginal post because I was simply asking for help locating what my mother was looking for! She asked me ..... Thank you to the two girls who provided me with helpful information to the rest of you if all you are going to do is attack people with questions, why comment at all?

Re: geesh

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why isn't your mom picking out what she wants to wear?  Does it have to be dark purple?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree why dark purple? Unless its her favorite color, she does not need to match the BMs or wedding colors. The passed 9 weddings I have seen the MOB nor the MOG have matched the BMs. If I was you I would just go with her (if you are close) and shop around and let her try on a variety of colors and styles until she finds one that looks beautiful on her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's. Let her pick out the outfit and color. You can suggest ideas, but since she is the one that will be wearing it and needs to be comfortable, she needs to select it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-pantssuit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c87245ad-b188-4971-9fa6-5576be5e1f41Post:1b65a7bc-9655-45f2-b6cf-21f4166d4d70">MOB Pantssuit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have having a difficult time finding a mother of the bride outfit. My mom does not really wear dresses and I want her to be comfortable so I am think a formal pants suit.......but I can not find any in dark purple that comes in plus sizes.....any suggestions? THANKS
    Posted by sseese[/QUOTE]

Do you guys make a habit out of picking each other's clothes?  Did she look for your wedding dress?  Why are you looking for clothes for her?
    panther
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your mom has been dressing herself for longer than you've been alive.  I think she can handle this on her own.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good advice from everyone!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    mkjpopmkjpop member
    edited December 2011
    Maybe OP's mom asked her for help? Geez.

I have NO IDEA if this site is legit, but they seem to have a great selection - here's a MOB pantsuit that comes in eggplant.

(again... I have never used this site and I'm not recommending it... just showing you what I found.)

http://www.plussizebridal.com/SearchResults.asp?category=MD

check out
    Style No: 7089
    Designer: Alfred Angelo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    mkjpopmkjpop member
    edited December 2011
    I mentioned this to my mom, who is also plus size, and she recommended Coldwater Creek - she said they sometimes have some nice pant suits/dressy clothes. www.coldwatercreek.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-pantssuit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c87245ad-b188-4971-9fa6-5576be5e1f41Post:1b65a7bc-9655-45f2-b6cf-21f4166d4d70">geesh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have removed my orginal post because I was simply asking for help locating what my mother was looking for! She asked me ..... Thank you to the two girls who provided me with helpful information to the rest of you if all you are going to do is attack people with questions, why comment at all?
    Posted by sseese[/QUOTE]

<div>Umm, because in general is it REALLY hard to answer a simple question as to "WHY PURPLE?" So yeah, have fun with your ball, come again when your mature enough to take a few questions that we would like to know to make a detail response to your question.  </div>
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-pantssuit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:c87245ad-b188-4971-9fa6-5576be5e1f41Post:1b65a7bc-9655-45f2-b6cf-21f4166d4d70">geesh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have removed my orginal post because I was simply asking for help locating what my mother was looking for! She asked me ..... Thank you to the two girls who provided me with helpful information to the rest of you if all you are going to do is attack people with questions, why comment at all?
    Posted by sseese[/QUOTE]

Then you should have said your mom was looking for this.  We can only respond to what you tell us and you sounded like yet another bride who was trying to micromanage her mother's wardrobe.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards