Moms and Maids
Options

im a little off topic here....but i need help!!!

my best friends wedding is coming up! she has chosen strapless bridesmaids dresses. When she asked the opinions of the bridesmaids, I BEGGED for straps. I cannot express how much i hate strapless!!!!  but when she chose them, i did all the fittings and alterations with a smile on my face to support her. and i have not complained at all. im not a small girl, the dress makes the skin and fat around my arm pits and back spill over the top of the dress, it looks like muffin top, just higher. but if its any looser the dress wont stay up. anyways, back to my question, i need some jewelry that will help draw attention away from my high up muffin top, does anyone have any suggestions? im at a loss!!! necklace??? bracelet??? earrings???

Re: im a little off topic here....but i need help!!!

• Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_im-little-off-topic-herebut-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:cc533f7a-f7b8-45cc-9533-73a08b0304fdPost:6509aff7-911d-4aff-b46f-464d18c25869">im a little off topic here....but i need help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my best friends wedding is coming up! she has chosen strapless bridesmaids dresses. When she asked the opinions of the bridesmaids, I BEGGED for straps. I cannot express how much i hate strapless!!!!  but when she chose them, i did all the fittings and alterations with a smile on my face to support her. and i have not complained at all. im not a small girl, the dress makes the skin and fat around my arm pits and back spill over the top of the dress, it looks like muffin top, just higher. but if its any looser the dress wont stay up. anyways, back to my question, i need some jewelry that will help draw attention away from my high up muffin top, does anyone have any suggestions? im at a loss!!! necklace??? bracelet??? earrings???
    Posted by wgoings[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>First off I would tell your friend what you told us about how unflattering strapless looks on you and that straps would look and feel a lot better. It sounds like she needs a wake up call on how to treat her friends.</div><div>
    </div><div>But to answer your question, I would suggest wearing jewelry that focuses less on your chest/arm area. So some cute earrings and bracelet combo would do nicely.

</div>
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Autumn.  If she's not too much of a bridezilla, I'd also suggest a flower or sparkly pin to put in your hair, maybe a headband with a couple of flowers on the side.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    BeeBee22BeeBee22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you wear a coordinating wrap?  If the dresses are from a bridal salon type of place, they probably have them in the same color.  I agree that you should tell her, though it may be too late now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the ideas girls, i really apprciate it!
    just so you can u all get an idea why i haven't said anything about this.... she has called off the wedding and then had it back on again like 3 times now because its "just too stressful to plan a wedding", i really don't want add to anything! I WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!!!!
    the dress has optional straps, which i asked if i could do (I have long hair, and you would never see the straps) but she said, "NO, i want everyone to look the same!!" so here i am!
    oh and the wedding 6 days away! :(
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really sorry your friend is not considering your feelings. Once again Brides acting crazy and cruel just for the sake of "everyone looking the same". Seriously, I wish more people would publish the inconsiderate Brides out there to show them that its NOT right to treat your friends this way. It's terrible that you are the one being the bigger person and wearing something that you do not feel comfortable in. If anything bring your straps to the reception and just throw them on after dinner because I seriously doubt the Bride will notice plus all the major candid pictures will be done. 
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is there enough time to have it let out a little and then use fashion tape to keep it up?  I'm sorry your firend is being such a Bridezilla.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is terrible! Your friend does sound like a bridezilla. I'd explain to her again how it makes you feel and that things would actually look better if you were allowed to wear the straps. If she is any friend at all she should listen. If it were me, I'd get a wrap or shawl of some sort and wear it after the ceremony. The longline bra will probably help, too!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your friend is being completely unreasonable.  I'd bring the straps with you and attach them after the pictures.  A nice shrug might also help.  Agree with PP on flashy earrings and bracelets - that is, if your ridiculous friend doesn't end up dictating your jewelery too.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you are in this position. 

I saw a wedding party taking pics about two weeks ago and there were 5 bridesmaids.  4 of them were very slender and tall and 1 was full figured.  They all had on the same dresses and the full-figured girl did not look comfortable and the dress was not flattering at all.  The dresses were strapless form fitting tube dresses and I so badly wanted to go give the uncomfy bridesmaid a hug.  She was not smiling in any of the pics.  I don't want that to be you.

Since the wedding is so close, I echo a previous poster and suggest you buy a coordinating wrap or pashmina.  Suffer through the ceremony and pics and throw on your pashmina or coordinating wrap for the reception.  Chances are she will not say anything to you - if she does she will look childish and foolish.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards