Moms and Maids
Options

Purse/Shoe Theme Bridal Shower

My friend is getting married and she loves shoes and purses and I thought it would be cute to use that as a theme for her shower. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Re: Purse/Shoe Theme Bridal Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw these really cute invites that are in the shape of a purse at partycity.com
    They may also have them at the store if you have one close to you. I know there are party city stores in Columbus (where I am from) but I see you are in NE Ohio.

Other than that, I don't know of anything else. But at least that would be a start =)
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl from my local is having a shoe themed bridal shower.  From what she said it's just a theme but she thinks a few of her close friends are pitching in and getting her shoes.  I think it's a fun idea.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter loves purses and shoes.  We did a Sex and The City themed bridal shower for her -- with emphasis on purses and shoes.

I got imprinted napkins: one was a purse with a SATC purse quote, another was a little black dress and the third was the Eiffel Tower.

Her cakes were of a purse and also a high heel shoe with a NY city scene.
     had lemonade packets with a sticker with a shoe and the saying, "She found her sole mate."

We played a Project Runway Fashion Show -- we had PR  paper dolls and each table created a wedding gown that they thought my daugher would wear.

We had a candy bar and the MOH made candy shaped in shoes and purses.

Some PIPs:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How CUTE!!!!!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for some great ideas! morainemom - did you make the decorations hanging from the ceiling? Those are really cute and what are the centerpieces?
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I made all of the tissue flower poms - there's instructions on how to make them on Martha Stewart's website.  I bought a kit on clearance for $4.00 at WalMart to use as a reference.  The hanging lanterns I bought from www.beau-coup.com and also www.orientaltrading.com

For centerpieces we had different ones at each table - some had mint julep cups (I bought them from beau-coup and also eBay) filled with Stargazer Lilies.  Others had the giant Martini glasses filled with beads and colored lillies.

Each table was named differently - one was the Eiffel Tower, another Chanel, another Manlo Blanik, and several were named for Pittsburgh spots (that's where the wedding was held).  I had blown up photos matted with the names.

We also had a candy bar -- and since the characters from SATC loved to order Chinese take-out, I had pink containers with black tissue poms on each one, as well as chopsticks at each place setting.  The guests used the containers at the candy bar.

We also gave personalized lip glosses to everyone.  I also ordered SATC photo quote cards from an Etsy seller.  We placed these all thoughout the tables.

My Dad made the dress photo board you will see below (on the gift table):

Let me know if you need any more details.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards