Moms and Maids
Options

MOH Distinction

Hi everyone. Does anyone have any unique ways they have set their MOH apart from the rest of the maids? They all have the same dresses and other than standing beside me and holding my bouquet, I would like for her to have something that makes her stand out a little more than the rest of the girls. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Re: MOH Distinction

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually the MOH bouquet is a little larger.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could give her something to wear in her hair - a pin or great headband.  She could also have a sash tied around her waist.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did a slightly different bouquet for my MOH (hers had roses that were tipped in blue, and the other BMs had plain white roses.)
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MOH had a slightly larger bouquet than the other girls.  Her dress was also the same fabric combination as mine (lace over satin), though it just sort of worked out that way.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend told all of us BMs that we are NOT allowed to wear flowers in our hair, because she will at the reception, and because her MOH will for the entire wedding. So that's one way.
  • Options
    mjjewellmjjewell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bouquet is probably the most popular -- wrap the stems differently, add some of your bouquet flowers into hers, etc. Have her wear her hair down and all the other girls up. Give her a brooch to wear.

You can also sit down with her and tell her that you want to distinguish her in some way. She might have some thoughts or ideas too!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-distinction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d2439027-d73e-4037-ae66-1511b48b604cPost:e30cf256-2f14-4842-9a8d-636d6d642e21">Re: MOH Distinction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually the MOH bouquet is a little larger.  
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

This is what we did - my MOH's bouquet was more similar to mine. She also had a flower in her hair which she requested.

You could also do a different colored sash, etc for the MOH.
  • Options
    Roxygrl2002Roxygrl2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. The sash idea is out. The dresses are very cute, can be worn again, trendy dresses that did not come from a bridesmaid collection. They're just not accomodating of sashes. I like the idea of a slightly different bouquet and hair style. Maybe different shoes? I'd like to find something especially unique though. She really is the best friend and MOH a girl could ask for. Any other suggestions? All input is appreciated.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-distinction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d2439027-d73e-4037-ae66-1511b48b604cPost:d21a0eb5-3a63-4837-803d-ad00fc7a9410">Re: MOH Distinction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. The sash idea is out. The dresses are very cute, can be worn again, trendy dresses that did not come from a bridesmaid collection. They're just not accomodating of sashes. I like the idea of a slightly different bouquet and hair style. Maybe different shoes? I'd like to find something especially unique though. She really is the best friend and MOH a girl could ask for. Any other suggestions? All input is appreciated.
    Posted by Roxygrl2002[/QUOTE]
    Well, really you shouldn't be making your girls all have the same hairstyle or shoes, because that's micromanaging and a lot of bridesmaids have issues with that.  So that's not really a way to make her stand out.

There's only so much you can do with an outfit.  Unless she wants to paint herself blue, she's going to blend with the other bridesmaids.  She'll still be the one standing closest to you, everyone will know she's the MOH.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    mjjewellmjjewell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot one thing. I am purchasing the jewelry for my girls to wear, which is also part of their gift... however, my maid of honor is wearing a little more extravagant jewelry. I have a beautiful pieces that I purchased abroad or you can see if there is a family piece that she can borrow for the wedding. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards