Moms and Maids

setting MOH apart

I'm looking for some ways to set my MOH apart at the wedding. We bought all my girls dresses this past weekend and they all are different dresses, but the same color. My MOH's dress is "poofier" then all the other girls. My MOH has a broch already on her dress but I wanted to give the other girls something too. What if I give the other girls a ribbon and not my MOH? Does anyone have any ideas!?!? Thank you!

Re: setting MOH apart

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can give her a different bouquet.  Something between what you have and what your BMs have.  Different flowers or even different colors.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    She could wear a flower in her hair (my MOH did this), carry a bouquet a bit bigger than the rest of the BM's and/or more similar to yours. Your florist should be able to help you there. She could also wear a sash or something, but I think that might be too much since you already mentioned she would have a brooch on the side of her dress.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meh-she'll stand out because she's the last one to walk in before you, the one next to you holding your flowers during the ceremony, the one adjusting your train, the one perhaps giving a toast at the reception.

Please don't overthink how much your guests care about which woman is the MOH.  She's important (very important) to you, as she should be.  But for your guests, they'll figure out who is the MOH without ribbons, etc.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't stress over it.  I thought about that myself but, the girls all bought the same dress... that said, she might wear these gorgeous ivory satin shoes she found while other girls will be wearing black - I think that will be about the extent of her standing out.  She's my MOH and very important to me, but so are the other girls and I don't want to make them feel like less of a friend to me.  She's already got the title and trix1223 is right... people will know!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think what you have already is plenty.  Like trix said, she will be the last one in the door before you and anyone that's been to a wedding will know she is the MOH.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • edited December 2011
    Below is a picture of my MOH, my sister, standing next to a bridesmaid. Her flowers were slightly different than the BMs one (I had the florist use her favorite flower, stargazer lillies while the BM had tiger lilies). I also gave her a necklace to match her earrings, while the BMs wore no necklace. Subtle diffences, but I wanted to do something special for her since she did so much for me.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_setting-moh-apart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:eea685cc-cb94-47f0-9e49-93ed05f5676fPost:69ad6ec2-cb37-4f96-b3a3-5881779faac0">Re: setting MOH apart</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can give her a different bouquet.  Something between what you have and what your BMs have.  Different flowers or even different colors.
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards