Moms and Maids
Options

Fiance's sisters as BM

Hi everyone. I have a bit of a dilema! I'm having 6 bridesmaids: 4 of my cousins and 2 childhood best friends. My fiance has 6 sisters, 2 of which are our age. I didn't want a huge bridal party, and I even feel like 6 people is alot. If I choose 1 or 2 then others would have hurt feelings and I didn't want that. But choosing none, I ended up hurting feels, so I'm in a lose lose situation. One is actually very upset, and I don't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. I just want everyone to be happy and have a great time. I feel like asking now would be a slap in the face.. and I'm sure she would now say no. What should I do? Are there any other ways I can incorporate the sisters? PLEASE HELP!

Re: Fiance's sisters as BM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I see you are not getting married until 2012, so I would not even suggest choosing your WP anytime soon. It is not recommended until about 6-9 months out.

I think the above answers your question for now. The friendships that you have now with these girls may change in the next few years (I hope you haven't already asked them). I would wait and re-evaluate the situation when your wedding date gets closer.
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  There are other roles they could fill as well...readers, gift bearers, ushers...do any of them have musical talents they could lend to your ceremony?
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would think they'd understand that there are SIX of them; they're an entire bridal party on their own.  If he had one sister I could see hurt feelings over not being asked, but really?  Unless you're particularly close to one of them I don't see why they'd assume they'd be asked.  I agree with jberg, you should think about readings, etc. for other ways they can be a part of the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards