Moms and Maids

Bridal Shower: Decorations?

Not sure if this is the correct board for this post...and I apologize in advance if this gets asked all the time.

I am hosting my friend's bridal shower (at her parent's house). I haven't ever planned/hosted a bridal shower before. So I'm new to this. When I had mine my mom got flowers, and some cute wedding related napkins/plates etc. But I don't remember anything else decoration wise.

What are the typical decorations? Are there typical decorations? Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to spend a lot of money. Are flowers enough?
"There's unlimited juice? This party is gonna be off the hook."-Buster Bluth

Re: Bridal Shower: Decorations?

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That sounds lovely.  You should give your friend the bridal shower you can afford.  Flowers and wedding related paper goods are perfectly fine.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me! I personally am not a fan of going overboard with the bridal related stuff, so just get some flowers (artificial would even be fine) and maybe some napkins or bridal shower games, but I think that's all you need. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    If there were flowers at the last bridal shower that I attended, I don't remember them. The MOB bought a beautifully decorated cake that doubled as the centerpiece/dessert. The paper plates and napkins don't have to be traditional shower or wedding designs. Just pick out paper goods that you think are pretty. Don't worry too much about decorations. Spend the largest part of your shower budget on food.

Since the shower is at the MOB's home, find out if she already owns items (table cloth, punch bowl, serving platters)  that you can borrow.

• edited December 2011
    For my daughter's shower, there was a theme.  She was going to Mexico for the honeymoon, so we did Mexican food and decor.  Her MOH went to the party store and bought tissue, bunting and a couple of child's pinatas.  They made tissue flowers and got paper products with a Mexican theme.  It was easy and inexpensive.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards