Moms and Maids
Options

Help Is Desperately Needed!

Hi,
   My Mum is trying to find a dress for my sister's wedding this August. She has found one dress by Mon Cheri which she really likes but it will be 16 weeks before it arrives so that would be way  to late. Does anyone know where she could perhaps buy it in store. It has to be a petite. Or does anyone know where she can find somewhere in NH that sells Petite Mother Of The Bride dresses?? Please someone help me. My mum is becoming rather depressed about the whole thing. Thanks for reading!!!

Sarah

Re: Help Is Desperately Needed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to take a picture of the dress to a good local seamstress - many times they can replicate the dresses and at a lower cost and less time. Also, did you ask if they can rush order the dress? We had to do that with one of my bridesmaids who was late ordering her dress, and we got the dress in a month after paying an extra $50.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try department stores.  They don't have to specifically be MOB dresses.  Macy's has a good selection of dresses (petite sizes too).  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting on your local board.  Those girls know more about the stores in your area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try calling www.pearlsplace.com and see what their arrival date on the dress would be.  16 weeks seems like a LONG time for a MOB dress.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, pearlsplace.com is a good site. You may get a better response on your local board, but generally, I would say to check any of the bridal boutiques that sell designer gowns and there is a possibility they would have Mon Cheri.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was really impressed with Von Maur's selection of formal gowns, many sizes, and a lot of them were the same ones I have been seeng in bridal shops.

Many designers have similar dresses.Maybe look in other designer labels like "Alex" brand I believe and they may have one that is really similar to the one your mom likes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards