Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Did you print your own Save The Dates?

I am toying with the idea bc I am in a rush and I don't know if I can wait to get a test print from VP, THEN make the order & wait again for them to come.  I have a really nice cannon printer and am thinking of just doing it myself.  I'm not sure tho so wanted to see who else has done it? 

If so, where did you buy your paper stock?  We are doing postcards.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you print your own Save The Dates?

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered from VP and I got our STDs within about a week or so.  I did not do a test print -- our STDs were not fancy.  Everything I have ordered from VP so far I have been very pleased with.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used vistaprint and got them in I think 5 days. I didn't order a test first though. I would think staples would have what you need though.
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 days is not bad, it will probalby take me that long to finish rounding up addresses and inputting them into my spreadsheet. I have waited over 14 days for things from VP though so thats why I am a bit worried.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're less than 6 months out... I say skip them.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Mine went out around the 5-month mark because I wanted to send them after school got out and not deal with drama of inviting some coworkers but not others.  They made it within 3 days, so I think you're good even if VP keeps you waiting a little.
    Anniversary

• Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from 123print.com... also very cheap and the rush shipping was like an extra $3! Very worth it and they came out great. You can find coupon codes online. I had them super quick.
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from Mixbook (pics in bio) and received them 3 days later.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_did-print-own-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ebb9f4a6-1c77-431e-b0de-87b19447556ePost:f9cd34b4-f450-445a-a10a-ca653f42bdf0">Re: Did you print your own Save The Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're less than 6 months out... I say skip them.  :)
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

I would but my friend just finished them for me and they are GORGEOUS.  Plus most of our guests are traveling from OOT and I have a HUGE family so there is no way to tell them all by word of mouth!  And it has a link to our website which includes all of the arrangements, addresses, etc. on it to help them with travel.
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_did-print-own-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ebb9f4a6-1c77-431e-b0de-87b19447556ePost:f9cd34b4-f450-445a-a10a-ca653f42bdf0">Re: Did you print your own Save The Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're less than 6 months out... I say skip them.  :)
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The very latest one is supposed to send out STDs is 6 months and they aren't even required. Don't give yourself added pressure. Just start spreading the date by word of mouth if you're worried.

EDIT: We must have posted at the same time. I saw your response.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_did-print-own-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ebb9f4a6-1c77-431e-b0de-87b19447556ePost:a6a89b56-59a2-4751-b1a8-92e0963ca87f">Re: Did you print your own Save The Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you print your own Save The Dates? : I would but my friend just finished them for me and they are GORGEOUS. 
    Posted by fryer2012[/QUOTE]

For the sake of our curiousity, pics? :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very Cute!!!

I sent ours around the 5 month mark. I wanted to do them so I did them. VP sent them in about 5 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ssarangissarangi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wowww!!! I love your STDs!!!  I also think you should order on VP!  Also, if you call customer service, they will upload a free mock-up of your STD, this way you get to see a sample, w/o having to wait for them..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

haha yes.  I'm really just under the 6 month mark, so if I get them out by this weekend I think I'm still on track (according to my planner!)

• edited December 2011
    bought all our paper from XPEDX in Fort Worth.  Tons of color choices and paper weights so research what you'd want paper weight wise before hand.

Google Maps says its closed but it's just moved... call the phone number and get the new location address.
    2017 White Settlement Road
    Fort Worth, TX 76107-1439
    (817) 336-7272
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought ours from Mixbook and recieved them pretty quickly. I sent them out around the 3 month mark just because I wanted to send out our e-pics, so I would think you could definitely send them out at 6 months.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so here is the verdict, I'm printing them myself. If I screw them up royally I'll be using VP and paying for expedited shipping! Eek! Wish me luck! We sat and fiddled with the VP site upload today and 3 of us could not get it to work the way we wanted it to! I'll post pics and let ya know how it goes if I'm successful!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Staples and it was pretty successful
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards