Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Lipgloss or stick for engagement pics?

So my engagement pics will be outside and I was wondering if lipgloss or lipstick is best. And also if anyone has any (drugstore) brand recommendations! Thnaks!

Re: Lipgloss or stick for engagement pics?

• Also any natural looknig blush and eyeshadow suggestions would be appreciated!
  • I really like the Bitten collection from Revlon
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • brielleinlovebrielleinlove member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I'd go with lipstick - gloss can look funny on camera.  Revlon has really affordable lip products that are honestly just as nice as what you'll find in a department store.

For eyeshadow, I'd go with Wet 'n' Wild - they're cheap, but perform just as well as my department store stuff!  Depending on your skintone, check out the Walking on Eggshells, Sweet as Candy, and Silent Treatment trios.  The Comfort Zone 8-pan palette is nice too.

My recommendation for drugstore blush is Milani - they are consistently one of the best drugstore brands in general and their blushes are really impressive :)  
  • Thank you both! I will try these out!
  • Also - I'd suggest doing a "trial" run of your make-up and have someone take photos of you in similar lighting to your engagment photos (if outdoors, then take some outdoors at the same time of day).  It will help to see if it's too much or too little make-up on camera.
  • for natural shadows, I recommend Revlon.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/revlon-colorstay-16-hour-eye-shadow/ID=prod6099268-product

and another vote for lipstick. Gloss can give you a weird glare depending on the light and angles of your pictures.
  • Lipstick definitely.  If you get any hair on your face, it will just stick to your lipgloss and it smudges easier than lipstick too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards