Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Eye make-up help!

I am having problems deciding what to do with my eyes on the day of the wedding. Every day make-up for me is throwing on some foundation and some black mascara. If I am going out I normally add on some black eyeliner and grey/silver eyeshadow. I want to look natural, but have my eyes pop out at the same time. I have never really used any neutrals or browns. Would this look weird since it is something I never wear? I have brown hair and blue eyes if this helps. Any input would be great!!

Re: Eye make-up help!

• Options
    Yes, search youtube for makeup tutorials. Maybe try Wedding makeup or natural browns. I think neautrals/brown/taupe would be great on blue eyes.
  • Options
    I think that you should go with a gold/brown. These colors look great on everyone and it's adding something but not so much you wont feel like yourself. Kandee Johnson has incredable utube tutorials, look into those for application tips.
  • Options
    I know I'm a little late to this, but I usually wear minimal makeup on a day to day basis as well and want to look like myself at the wedding, but do a little more than usual.  I suggest going to a makeup counter like Clinique or store like Sephora (which is where I went) and ask them to do your makeup based on the kind of look you want. Then you can decide whether or not you like what they do and if you want any of those products.  Eyes were what stumped me, too, because I always do them the same way.
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions! I will def start looking at some of the videos online and start playing around with the browns and other neutral colors. I will be doing my own make-up that day so I better start practicing!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat...but my other problem is that if i wear gold/brown/bronze eye makeup (with an ivory dress) would it "clash" with the silver and diamond jewlery that i'm wearing (they are family heirlooms). Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
  • Options
    Pursebuzz and Kissonthechic also have great Youtube tutorials.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have brown hair and blue eyes and I LOVE the look of blue based purple on my eyes. It's very soft but romantic at the same time. Revlon has a cream pack (four cream circles for around $10) with 2 purples, a burgandy, and a pink. You should try them! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards