Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

1st Hair/Makeup Trial..not sure

Ok so I had my first hair and makeup trial today and while she was super nice..I was a little dissappointed. The makeup looks good in the pictures..but it just felt so heavy! I felt like I was wearing a mask..I am really careful about what I put on my face..I normally used Jane Iredal the liquid mineral makeup..She also put fake eyelashes on which felt really strange..I want my FI to recognise me! I washed the foundation off nearly the minute I got home..I am thinking of just buying my own makeup and doing it myself..what do you guys with experience think?? Also let me know what you think about the fake eyelashes..Thanks!! PIB under "Attire"

Re: 1st Hair/Makeup Trial..not sure

• Options
    I think you look beautiful :)  You're right, the foundation does look fine, but I like the look without the foundation better...it's more natural.  Plus, if you don't usually wear all that...I would say go without it.  The eyelashes, I could tell a difference, but only because it was pointed out to me.  They look nice, but you look just as nice without them.  If it matters to you at all, I'm buying my own makeup and doing it myself.  I don't usually wear a crazy amount, and I don't want someone else making me look unlike myself. 
  • Options
    Eyes are gorgeous.  There wasn't that much of a difference in the false lashes for me.  You could do without.  It mostly just looked like heavy mascara.  The foundation did look good but I really like your skin tones without it.  I think you just need something light to even you out the tiniest bit and alot less blush.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think the pictures look great, but if you're not comfortable you won't be happy.  I don't think you look like another person though.  I think you can do fine without the false eye lashes.  Maybe do some practicing at home to get the look and feel you want and test it with some flash photography to see how it looks.
  • Options
    You look amazing! However I like the picture of you natural with eyes made up much more then the foundation to be honest. Your eyes are really stunning! If you are not too uncomfortable I would wear the lashes.
  • Options
    i think if u decide to wear fake lashes, it should be a different kind. i can definitely see spokes on your eyes with them on, and i don't personally like it compared to you normal lashes. i think u look better without the heavy foundation also.
  • Options
    I agree with PP's, I think you look great! When I had my make up done I thought it was way to heavy, but didn't have time to wash it off a re do it myself. I am so glad I left it, I felt a little uncomfortable at first but loved the way it looked in my pictures.
  • Options
    I can understand the fear of DH not recognizing you but keep in mind if you have a pro photog. they may end up using a heavy flash for some of your photos and you WILL looked washed out if you dont have a decent amount of makeup on. If you choose to do your own you'll still want to put on more than you normally would. I would consider going back to your MUA and let her know you felt unnatural and see if she can lighten it up just a tad and maybe go without the false lashes as they didnt make much difference and you didnt like how they felt. Also it seemed like you were worried about the blush, if this is the case maybe try a bronzer (not orange but a brown) to define your cheeks and a peachey pink on just the apples of your cheeks. If you have anymore q's please feel free to email me Zenerina at hotmail dot com GL
  • Options
    I think you look fantastic around the eyes.  The foundation is a tad on the heavy side, but you could ask her to do something different and lighter.
  • Options
    You looked beautiful in your pics! But I agree, i liked the pics without foundation better. I think it's becuase I love your beautiful freckled skin, and the foundation covered those up! If you do decide to go back to the same person, ask if they can use a more sheer foundation on you... or if you decide to do your own, just use what you do on a regular basis for foundation. I don't think your wedding day is a day to try a different foundation.
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your feedback!! It really does help..I will definetly play around with different foundation..and if I do fake lashes I will try the individual ones../thanks guys!!
  • Options
    I don't like wearing a lot of makeup either so I know how you feel but, as the pp mentioned, professional photography is totally different than taking regular everyday pictures.  Heavy makeup is almost a necessity because with the flash and everything else, you can end up looking really washed out.  I think the most important function of foundation is that it evens out skin tone (if you have even a little bit of redness in your complexion, it'll be noticeable in professional photos).  There are hundreds of different foundations to try so maybe you just need one that's more sheer (or use the same one but thin it out with some moisturizer). 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Don't do your own makeup! i did and it was stressful and i wasn't that happy due to the fact that i ended up rushing.
  • Options
    im in the same boat as you. i felt like a totally different person and i even told her several times to go with a more natural look and it didnt work. i hardly ever wear makeup anyways so my FI took one look and cringed. i think im doing my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards