Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Opinions on shoes

I have not found my shoes yet, but I need opinions. My FI is 6'1" and I am 4'11".....FI asked me how tall my shoes would be, because for the ceremony or first dance it would look silly for me to be SO much shorter than him. So I brought this up to my MOTHER and she said I should get tall "stripper shoes" because they are well balanced enough so I wouldn't be falling all over the place. She said it wouldn't matter, no one would see them anyway. Would it not matter? No one will be paying attention to my feet, but I don't want to be Trashy Bride 2010.

Re: Opinions on shoes

• Options
    Hello! My mother is getting married in November (strange, I know...7 months before me) and she is about 5'2" and her fiance is about 6'2". Here is my suggestion: since people see the two of you together all of the time, I'm going to guess that they don't notice the height difference THAT much (assuming that you don't wear 6 1/2" stillettos all of the time either ;). I say go with what's comfortable and suits your dress. If your dress has even a smidgen of a train, you could go with anything from 2 1/2" to 4 1/2" and higher, depending on your dress style. The main thing is that you don't want to look like you're on stilts AND you want to make sure that you are comfortable. It would be the same thing if you were an inch or two taller than him. You wouldn't want to reduce yourself to flats just because you're made a little different in height? ;) Good luck in your shoe search. I know it can be difficult. One other thing you may want to keep an eye on is you should have your shoes before your last fitting. The seamstress can hem your dress to the length of your shoes (even if you do decide to go with "stripper" heels). And don't worry...no matter what you won't look like Trashy Bride 2010. I can promise that. ;)
  • Options
    I don't think "stripper shoes" would look trashy when you're all dolled up in your gown, so you shouldn't worry about that. The big question is whether you will be comfortable in them. I'm all for trying to lessen the height gap, but it's way more important that you enjoy yourself and spend time mingling. You wouldn't want to be confined to a chair all night because your feet are killing you. Something to consider might be dancing shoes (example: http://www.johnjosephinedance.com.sg/images/mall/shoes/DanceAmo/167104-Bronze.jpg). They're not as high as stripper shoes, but they have a sturdy heel so they might be more comfortable if you're not used to tall heels.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • Options
    I'm also 4'11" and my husband is 6'3" . I wore heels that were about 2 1/2 or 3 inches tall and it looked fine. I didn't want to be super uncomfortable all night, and our pictures turned out just fine. I would go with what is the most comfortable for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards