Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

I have to wear glasses....

Contacts don't even exist for my prescription, and I am blind as a bat without them. Any other brides-to-be with the same issue? How are you coping? There's really no way around it, but it doesn't feel good at all. I'm trying very hard to be okay with it and just bought a really nice pair of wine-coloured Vogue frames with pretty crystal flowers on the arms. But wearing glasses on the big day just doesn't mesh with my vision of my ideal wedding day *sigh*
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Michelle~
TTC for 2 years w/ PCOS - Ectopic in April 2012 at 7 weeks; MTX x2
Check out my blog: Married In A Zoo
& follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f861]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

Re: I have to wear glasses....

• Options
    I'm wearing my glasses....but I think I look weird w/o them, since I've worn them for so long.Just make sure that the lenses are anti-reflective - or else the flash will bounce off them.
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    What's your prescription, just out of curiosity?  I'm legally blind, but my vision must not be as bad as yours because I can still wear contacts.  Are you sure they don't make any for your Rx? (usually they're available for diopters up into the 20's). I'm really sorry that you're feeling bad about the glasses.  I've seen many brides on the Knot who wore them though, and they didn't look bad at all!  They can look really cute and stylish.  If it really bothers you, then maybe you could take them off temporarily during pictures.  I know what it's like being as blind as a bat so it might be difficult, but you could try it out. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can't find my prescription at the moment.... I got ultra-thin, anti-reflective lenses, and the frames ARE really cute.... I think I just need some reassurance that I'm not the only bride to be wearing glasses! I'm meeting with a great photographer in two weeks and I'll let him know my concerns as well. I was very picky in choosing him because I really need someone who can work with the glasses. Thanks for your replies :)
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
  • Options
    Go for it! I think it could be super cute if it works with the theme of your wedding, or even if it doesn't! I also have a friend who wore hers, but they didn't match so she painted them to match her colours :)
  • Options
    Have you already gotten a dress? I tried on some gorgeous tea-length dresses that looked seriously rocking with my glasses. You could turn it into a look! Wear them with pride, I'm sure you'll be beautiful!
  • Options
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I am getting married Sept 4th and i too will be wearing my glasses.  I thought about getting contacts but time has run out.  I am stressing out a bit about it but I always wear glasses and they are a part of me.  I haven't decided if I will take my glasses off for any of my pictures.  My glasses are cute and my soon to be hubby loves me in them.  You could wear them during the ceremony and then take them off for pictures after.  You need to see and it sounds like your new glasses are cute.  Congratulations and I am sure you will be beautiful on your wedding day.
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words :) It helps to know I'm not the only one, and offbeatbrides.com has got me inspired!
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
  • Options
    I'm on the fence about mine...I have a set of contacts that I can wear, however, my right eye -the cornea has a "wrinkle" in it and the contact doesn't lay just right on it and it ends up "buggin" me so badly that I end up taking it out most times -I wear my glasses all the time except when we go out to shoot pool, then I will put my contacts in for a few hours...I'm thinking I could wear my contacts for the few hours for the wedding and pics, cause I look better with them-at least I think I do...(and I just broke my GOOD pair of glasses last week)...I only have my spare pair now...and my boyfriend actually just got a new pair of glasses after 18 years!  And with the wedding just 10 days away...there is NO time for me to order a new pair of glasses for me!  I can't decide on what to do! 
  • Options
    You know, I came to an amazing realization the other day. I just found my dress on Tuesday, and when I had it on I completely forgot about my glasses! it looked completely fine and I think they are the last thing that anyone is going to notice! I thought my glasses would detract from my dress, but it's actually the reverse!!!!!
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
  • Options
    that kinda sucks...i have glasses as well...but im not wearing them in my big day.(hopefully cuz im blind.)(and cuz its a beach wedding.but glasses on brides are very unique and cool and really cute!it adds intelligence.and the theme can be books! loljust remember it's very unique and it can be a huge trend later on.(and u can say"ha! im leading the bridal trends!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards