Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Emotional wreck.... some beauty advice?

I'm not an unattractive girl, but I've never seen myself as a 'bride' type. I've tried on every dress under the sun, but have felt I look absolutely ridiculous in them. My current biggest fear is of being an ugly bride. Is there any kind of beauty treatment that you've tried that made you feel prettier? At this point I just want to figure out how to feel pretty, but am worried that it's a lost cause. :(

Re: Emotional wreck.... some beauty advice?

• This might sound crazy but when I'm feeling down I always go get my nails done- also I like to fix my eyebrows- it can change your whole look if you slightly change the shape of your eyebrows. If you dont normally do these things try it out and see if it makes a difference. Treat yourself ! You should be happy about being a bride not worried! You'll look amazing no matter what so please stay positive.
  • I go for a run..it instantly makes me feel 10 pounds lighter..getting my hair donw makes me feel pretty too..maybe some highlights would give you a pick me up?? A great bra?? What is your hangup on the way you look???
  • I bet there is a very special guy who thinks you are the most beautiful girl he's ever laid eyes on.  You should find the nicest salon in your town and treat yourself to cut, color, nails, pedicure.  Then, go dress shopping. 
  • No bride is ugly on her wedding day, it's UNPOSSIBLE!  That said, an eyelash curler, mascara and concealer go a long way in making me feel pretty.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bet your fiance's heart will skip a beat when he sees you for the first time :-) It is really hard being a woman.. we are always our own worst critics. Usually for me it is always going for a run, walk, or just working out that will make me feel better.
  • go out and get yorself pampered. nails, hair, new makeup, anything, there is not such thing as an ugly bride on the day of her wedding, unless shes just being a total B to everyone. just keep your head up, stay positive, your fiance loves you and loves the way you are and look, thats why your getting married! if you feel beautiful about yourself, your going to be oozing beauty out of every pore of your body on your wedding day.
  • If you're just in a funk....go to the spa for the day. Get a nice facial, a massage and your nails done. You'll feel amazing after leaving. Stop trying on dresses for a week or two and then get back out there. Try on dresses that you don't think are "your style." And most importantly don't go into the bridal shops with the idea that 'you have to find the one.' It's when you're not trying and looking so hard that it'll happen. You're going to be a beautiful bride :)
  • I do facials or massages to relax.  They may help you relax and feel good.  No matter what, I'm sure you will be beautiful because that day you will be SO happy and full of smiles.  Have you found the dress yet?  Maybe you will feel differently once you do have the dress. 
  • Also, maybe you aren't trying on the right dress for your body?  I'm 5'1 and look ridiculous in ballgowns.  I'm girly- but not really into the typical "princessy" dress. 
  • You know what? I felt the same way. I thought wow I'm going to look like a fat cow but I decided when trying on dresses that I would at least have my hair & make-up done. And even though I was a size 18 (now a 14), an old broad (50), I felt like a million bucks. So put on some make-up, fix up your hair and tell yourself, "DAMN, I LOOK GOOD"! Every bride is beautiful...don't ever put yourself down. Think positive thoughts :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards