Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Foundation/Make-Up Question

Ok, I'm not a big make-up person. The only time I really wear it is if we're going out or something like that. I use the Clinique foundation (Superbalanced foundation), and it does not stay on my face! It wears off within a couple hours. Do you have any suggestions for foundations that will actually stay on for the big day? But won't make me look oily or caked on? Also...concealer...I read in magazines that everyone uses this. When do you use this, and what is the purpose? lol..I sound like such a boy asking this question, but I've never used it! But any girl with good make up on in a magazine..has concealer on. I just want to make sure my make up will look natural and stay on my face for our wedding. Maybe I should just airbrush it on...obviously I dont know what I'm doing. :) TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Foundation/Make-Up Question

• Options
    yep, what she said. Try a primer. If your having some one else do your make-up then hopefully they know what they are doing so it should last all day. If you are doing it I suggest you go to a make-up counter like MAC, Sephora, or Clinique and have them do your make-up. Remember/take notes and everything and DIY the day of your wedding. And yes, concealer is to conceal (hide) things you don't want people to see on you face, like blemishes. You only put it on the area where you need it. It comes in a variety of powders, creams, or sticks. It should be matched to your skin color.
    After almost 3 years and 2 IUIs our lil guy is here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker sam and harvey
  • Options
    Ditto pps. Use a primer and finishing spray to set your foundation. Also, how are you applying it? I like a sponge to help get off excess and blend well. Also the foundation I used for the wedding and special events is make up forever in HD. It's the best! Great coverage and stays put. I like estee lauder double wear for a concealer. It stays on throughout my twenty four hour shifts at the hospital ( and that's a miracle).
  • Options
    another ditto for a primer and fixer. I used both with my normal foundation this past Saturday. I spent all day in 90 degrees, 95% humidity at a football game. my makeup stayed on until I got home at midnight.I use concealer for my dark undereye circles, and for pimples. on a day to day basis, I just wear just concealer on the spots where I need it, and skip the all over foundation and my skin has thanked me for it.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    The best foundations I have come across in my 7 years of professional makeup artistry are by MAC, Dior, and, my favorite, Giorgio Armani (the Luminous Silk foundation has 14 hours of wear and looks spectacular in photos). As far as concealer you can't go wrong with Estee Lauder's "Double Wear", it lasts all day and covers like a dream.   Begin with a primer first, then foundation; then apply a dab of concealer under each eye and blend down toward your cheek and outward toward your hairline. This technique will keep you from looking like a raccoon so your face can be flawless! A quick dust of powder (anything but "Studio-Fix" by MAC will do) and you're done!! Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I agree with everything previously stated, just have to set mine with powder after applying or it would slide off my face in a long wear day.  I either use a makeup brush to apply foundation or a sponge.  Fingers add oil and cannot spread as well.  But use a large powder brush and put some powder in the top of the lid and then lightly dust it on the large brush and dust your face. Between the primer and the powder, you should be fine.  Try it a few times to get used to blendinggood luck!!
  • Options
    Thank you very much!  I really appreciate it. :)  I wish I was better with makeup!
  • Options
    What would be the best primer?
  • Options
    Smashbox Photo Finish is the best primer, hands down.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    You should start with a face primer before applying your foundation.  This will give you a base for your makeup, making it long lasting and better results. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards