Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Are you a hair bride or a veil bride?

Are you more of a type to get an awesome hair do and stick a veil underneath your do or more of the elegant "bridal" look wearing the veil more on top of your head?I decided to be a "veil" bride. A veil looks so elegant and amazing and it screams bride, and sets you apart from everyone else. I think its just so much more beautiful. just my opinon! what else does everyone think?

Re: Are you a hair bride or a veil bride?

• Options
    neither. I'm doing a simple chignon with curly hair, and just sticking the comb of the veil in the bun. plain veil too, probably just a single layer cut edge fingertip length. I'm wearing fantabulous earrings though.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    both :) but i wore my elbow length veil low so my headpiece would be visible. after all was done i think i loved my hair more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My veil is going under my hair. I love my headpiece and my hair was gorgeous at my trial, so I'm taking the veil off after pictures. My hairdresser already warned me that when people get huggy they'll be ripping on the veil and my hair! I don't want that.
  • Options
    I just had my hair trial (PIB) and loved my style.  I'll probably take the veil off after the ceremony & pix.  I also will have some flowers in my hair too. 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am leaning more towards the veil being center of attention. My hair is going to look great, almost scared to cover it with a veil,but I just think its one day and i want to look as bridal or "princessy" as I can. Plus the veil is sheer and you can still see my hair thru it. Im just not into the sticking a veil at the bottom of my head, kinds looks 80's to me. Anyone ever see a bubble veil? Worn at the top of the head and fountains out, instead of having a straight cut edge, its oval shaped like a bubble. SO GORGEOUS but hard to find!
  • Options
    is it something like this? http://www.silklaceveils.com/VL8000.jpg  
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards the Hair.   I have a veil but I'm not a big fan of the poof on the top of my head.... I think I'm going to aim for some where in the middle.
  • Options
    I was more of a hair bride. I only planned on wearing my veil for the ceremony, so I wanted an amazing hairstyle under my veil.
  • Options
    Im wearing the veil on top....I def think it screams bridal...and I dont want it hidden. :-)
  • Options
    i think neither... i think ill just let my hair down either go straight(my natural hair is straight), or make loose waves. and attach a flower with some feathers. either go without a veil or a blusher.maybe two tiered blusher.im designing my own dress though.and making it.^^
  • Options
    Just an updo for me. No tiara, no headband, no veil, nothing extra. Everyone will still know I'm the bride because I'm the one standing next to the groom!
  • Options
    I'm doing both because I love them both to much to pick just one :O) Veil for the ceremony then hair and a sassy silk flower I plan to make from a project I found on http://www.diyunveiled.typepad.com The one she did is a big white silk flower that's gorgeous! I think mine will be a little smaller but it's wayyy more cost effective than buying one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards