Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

anyone doing hair extensions?

I have really thin hair. I recently had my hair trial and didn't like what the woman did. She basically put my hair in a ponytail, curled tiny pieces and then bobby-pinned them up in a bun. It didn't look like much and I'm thinking about purchasing some fake add on hair - or extensions to make my hair look fuller. I live in NYC and have access to natural hair that may work. Has anybody done this and or think it's a good idea? I'm sort of self-conscious about how little hair I have and really want to feel comfortable and confident on my wedding day.

Re: anyone doing hair extensions?

• Options
    I am doing extensions for my side ponytail! My hairdresser offers extensions as en extra fee but I think hairdressers know the best ones to use etc. I have seen a lot of girls here that have done extensions and it always looks great!
  • Options
    I am using the hair pieces from Sally's.  They are $80 for a package of 8 pieces.  My hair looked fabulous with them in for the trial up-do.  I had the stylist take pictures so I could see if the extensions would be obvious in pictures.  You can't tell what-so-ever!  Good luck!
  • Options
    I wore extensions for my wedding :).  You can see pictures in my married bio.  I'd highly recommend them. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KappaUCF20...... Your hair looked so awesome! Did your hairstylist use a certain type? They looked so natural.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks! :)  The actual hair is the most important part.  You want to make sure it's real human hair so you can curl it, straighten it, etc.  European Remy is the best quality for the price IMO.  My hairstylist ordered it for me in a mix of colors to achieve the best match (because my real hair has highlights so it has like 2 or 3 different colors running through it lol).  As for the application, there are all different methods available, but I used skinwefts and tape. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards