Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Cold Season

Hey Everybody,I'm a nanny to 4 kids.  two are in preschool and two are in kindergarten.  My wedding is next september, just in time for the start of first grade and cold season all over again.  I have gotten a cold from them this year and I really dont want to be sick for my wedding day.  And every time they give me a cold, I give it to my FI.  What are some suggestions to stay healthy next year.  I have already talked to the parents and told them i will probably need off for the week before anyway since I am diy'ing almost everything and i dont have a wedding planner helping me tie up loose ends.  Besides taking that week off to stay away from germs lol, what else can I do? Thanks ladies (and any men lurking about) 

Re: Cold Season

• Options
    To keep from getting sick...Get your flu shot.Wash you hands frequently and avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose.  Get plenty of sleep, exercise, eat healthy and drink plenty of water to keep your immune system up.Other than that, there's not much you can do. 
  • Options
    Keep bottles of hand sanitizer all over their house if you can, and take Emergen-C or Airborne regularly a few weeks before your wedding. They really do help. Along with what PP suggested, you should be good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also, if you don't already, encourage the kids to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough, and have them wash their hands or use hand sanitizer afterward. I see so many kids wipe snot all over their hands and then just go about their day! It will help you and society in general. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards