Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding Day Schedule

I'm trying to put together a wedding day schedule but am having a hard time coming up with estimates for how long things will take. I tend to think things will take less time than they actually will and don't want to be in a hurry on the wedding day, especially since there should be plenty of time if I plan well.How long are you estimating for hair? How long for makeup? Are you doing them together or with a space in between? How about getting ready, etc? I keep thinking it only takes 2 minutes to put a dress on, but then again that's why I'm usually late! Also, how much time in advance of the ceremony do you plan on arriving to the venue? In my case, the ceremony starts at 6pm and the hotel we are staying at is only 5-10 minutes away. Any advice would be appreciated! Sample schedules would be especially helpful!

Re: Wedding Day Schedule

• Options
    The time really does seem to fly that day so give yourself more time than you think you need - here is what my day looked like8 am - 9 am - girls got their hair done at the salon (I was there with them)9 am - 10:30 am - I got my hair done at salon11 am - 11:30 am Returned home from salon - ate lunch/snacks my parents had put together, photographer and videographer arrived11:30 am - 12:30 pm  - Took pics/videos of us (this takes longer than I would have thought) and girls started getting ready12:30 pm - 1 pm - Did my own makeup1 pm - 1:45 pm - Got dressed amd took more pics1:45 - left for church (needed to be there by 2 pm, ceremony started at 2:30 pm)Certain things take longer because they want to get pics/videos so you may have to do things two or three times or pause what you're doing or whatever to get the pics they want If you're not going to have a photog or videographer there ahead of time or while you're getting ready, you may not need as much time - but we really did feel rushed at the end - especially my mom because she was helping everyone else get ready and had to get ready herself in about 10-15 min (luckily she had gotten her hair done with us in the morning) - we also missed a lot of pics we would have liked to take so definitely think if there are certain pics you would like ahead of time
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    Thank you! This helps a lot! It's especially helpful to know that you would have liked a little more time for pictures because I was scheduling about the same amount of time and I have a ton of family pictures I want to take.
  • Options
    You're welcome - We did also have time after the ceremony for pics our ceremony ended at 3:30 - we took pics in church until 4 and then drove to another location where we took pics until a bit after 5 - we then went to the reception location and took pics until just after 6 pm which is when our cocktail hour started - I think I would've have just liked a bit more time for family pics than we had because the time in between ceremony and reception was just us and the bridal party.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    Here was my day-of schedule:8AM: Hair & Makeup for 8 People(we were done by 10:30AM; there were 4 stylists and 1 MUA)Then we drove 30 minutes to the church11AM: Lunch (we had my BIL deliver lunch for us, we did a pre-order at the rehearsal)NOON: Started to get ready12:30PM: Photographer arrived - took pictures of just the girls, then just the guys2:30PM: Ceremony began3PM: Receiving line, followed by more pictures3:45PM: Traveled 15 minutes to another picture location, stayed there until 5:15PM4:30PM: Cocktail hour began for guests (we got there at 5:30PM)6PM: Dinner followed by dancingI would call your stylist and MUA, tell them how many people you will have getting those things done. They should be able to give you an estimate of how much time each person will take and be able to determine when you should get started.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards