Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Good Shapwear

Soo I know maybe I am being too hard on myself, but after getting my dress in, I feel like there's some problems areas that show much more than expected. When I first tried on my dress it was in 3 sizes too big, so I didn't notice anything. But now that it fits right I can see my 'love handles' way too much. I want to have a nice A-line look, but instead I have a thin waistline which bumps out at the hips.. I've always has these and even when I was an avid athlete they were still there. I was wondering if anyone knew of what type of shapewear would work good to fix this! I know my Mom has some Spanx and loves them, but I don't want something that goes that far down my legs.. Any suggestions? and no, I'm not worried about what the FI thinks when he sees them-he won't care.. Thanks!
**TTC bestie/auntie to ShanRich0810's LO Started TTC-1/2011; Lap, appendectomy & Dx'd w/endo-9/2/2011; 1/2012-Met with RE, lap & hysterscopy-1/23, severe endo excised & polyp removed, BFP#1-5/13/12, m-m/c confirmed 6/6/12, D&C 6/13/12, IUI#1-BFN, Endo back, bcp to shrink cysts, IVF-10/11-ER, 8R, & 7M, ICSI-100%, 10/16-5dt, 2 blasts, 10/25-BFP!!
Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Good Shapwear

• Options
    I'm the same way. I am very thin framed, but have always had a little tummy and love handles. My dress was silk and had no detail through the torso area and I was worried about the same thing. You could even see the tiny ball from my belly button ring. I wore a Spanx Higher Power and it did the trick. It's not the sexiest thing in the world, but it worked and it Smoothed me out, and fixed the problem. If you go this route, just make sure when he's going for the garter, that you don't show the spanx. :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Options
    Thanks! It looks like we have a similar body shape, so that makes me feel good knowing they worked for you. You had an amazing wedding-you looked stunning!
    **TTC bestie/auntie to ShanRich0810's LO Started TTC-1/2011; Lap, appendectomy & Dx'd w/endo-9/2/2011; 1/2012-Met with RE, lap & hysterscopy-1/23, severe endo excised & polyp removed, BFP#1-5/13/12, m-m/c confirmed 6/6/12, D&C 6/13/12, IUI#1-BFN, Endo back, bcp to shrink cysts, IVF-10/11-ER, 8R, & 7M, ICSI-100%, 10/16-5dt, 2 blasts, 10/25-BFP!!
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    They make the Slim Cognito without the legs, so the bottom part just looks like underwear. I'm not sure about the higher power but it should say on their website. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Spanx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the same body type, including those bumps at the hips and a poochy belly. I love my Spanx and already wear them under thin dresses. I will be wearing the higher power under my wedding dress (the ones that are cut like underwear will dig into my butt, so I have to go with the shorts, boo).

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards