Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Airbrush vs "Youngblood"

Hi girls! I have awhile until my wedding but I went to get my haircut today and started talking hair/make-up with my hairdresser. I plan to get my hair done with them and I've been thinking about doing make-up too for convenience. I've heard wonderful things about airbrush but it turns out they don't do airbrush. They use Youngblood- a mineral based make-up. She said it lasts all day but is very light. Obviously I will do a trial using both but I wanted to see if anyone had personal experiences they would wish to share :)
Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Airbrush vs "Youngblood"

• Options
    I wouldn't use ANY mineral-based makeup. the very thing that makes mineral makeup look so great to the naked eye, makes you look completely washed out in pictures. the minerals bounce the camera flash back, which is what washes you out. this is barely noticeable to the naked eye, just a slight blurring, which is why it makes you look great to the naked eye.you would be better off going mineral-free, and preferably spf-free (physical sunscreens, used in mineral makeup, also bounce back the camera flash).I'm not anti-minerals. I wear mineral makeup on a daily basis. but it's not good for photography. you can do a trial, but make sure you take lots of pictures in multiple lightings, with and without flash, to see what I mean.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Thanks! I will keep this in mind. I don't usually wear make-up so the whole thing is new to me!
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards