Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

diy makeup

I plan on doing my own makeup the day of the wedding. I'm interested in finding some really good makeup that will FOR SURE last all day. I see the info-mercials all the time for the sheer cover, etc. does that really last? or does anyone know of anything that i should be looking into and invest in..?
Photobucket

Re: diy makeup

• Options
    invest in a good primer and sealing spray. I like Smashbox and Make Up For Ever primers and sealants, and used them for my wedding. even though it was 95 degrees and 95% humidity, and I had sweat rolling down my face, my makeup didn't budge. I had to wash my face twice to get it off.

Sheer Cover is a mineral makeup, which is not recommended for wedding day makeup, because mineral makeup photographs horribly. the main mineral (mica) reflects the high powered camera flash, washing you out and making you look like a ghost in pictures.

better foundations include ones by the aforementioned brands, and Revlon's camera friendly makeup that was recently released.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Another good one for picture's is Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation.  You can get it at some department store counters.  The DW line is awesome for staying put.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you need to ask which makeup to purchase, it doesn't sound like a good idea of doing your own makeup. It can get expensive experimenting with new makesup products. It may be better for you to have your makeup professional done so you don't have to purchase all this makeup that may not work for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards