Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Makeup counter or diy makeup?

Should I go to a makeup counter for instance MAC or should I just do my own makeup. I have never had anyone else do my makeup and honestly I'm kinda terrified but at the same time I don't know if I should wear the makeup I've been wearing almost everyday. What do you guys recomend?

Re: Makeup counter or diy makeup?

• Options
    PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    If you do the makeup counter thing, it's considered polite to buy at least two products if not three.

I personally am doing it myself. There's a lot to be learned on youtube. But if you do the makeup counter thing, maybe you can have a friend test a certain person out? Usually makeup turns out pretty good but I've had a friend leave looking like a clown.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Options
    Hey Crysti here in Dallas I believe you have to buy $50 worth of MAC products to have your makeup done at the counter.  I have seen alot of girls do the makeup counter thing and many do their own.  It's all about what you are most comfortable with.
  • Options
    my plan is to go to the counter, about a week or two before the wedding and have them show me products that are more stay on then the ones I have now, buy the ones I need and then have a couple weeks to practice doing my own
  • Options
    What about department store makeup counters ie nordstrom or von maur?  I know here in the twin cities they are complimentary and no pressure.  I of course always buy something or another I love because I usually go in there to see how to wear a certain something but they may not have as strict of purchasing requirements if budget is an issue.  I am going to the dior counter in Nordstrom.  I usually buy mascara and eyeshadow from the same lady so I booked her for my wedding on her suggestion!  Just a thought.
  • Options
    I personally LOVE the way MAC does makeup.  Im a bridesmaid in a wedding next week and I went with the bride to MAC.  I asked them to do her makeup to see if she liked it for her wedding and they didn't charge her at all.  Apparently if you ask them to do your eyes they wont charge and they'll usually just do the makeup.  If you wear MAC then $50 purchase for the day of is no big deal.  You will totally use it again.  For the wedding I'm in the bride decided she was doing her own makeup so as a bm i took my dress to MAC and asked them to pick out some eye colors for myself and I will be doing my own makeup.  IMO though as a bride you don't want your makeup to looki like it does every other day. So if you like the way someone else does your make up then I would do it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Go and have your makeup done for fun as a trial!! Find a girl you like who does it well or something. For me, I'm doing it myself. I hate the way I look when someone else does my makeup.. they ALWAYS do it too heavy. It's really about preference, and if you are DIY, practice makes perfect. Practice every day in different lighting and take pictures of yourself to make sure you like the way you look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards