Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Make-Up Appointment Without Bridesmaids?

I am thinking about asking my bridesmaids to get ready on their own and come to the church dressed, with hair and make-up done however they like it. I'm leaning towards this because we would only have two hours to have my hair and make-up done along with my bridesmaids' at a salon if we did it all together before we have to be to the church for pictures. We can't move our wedding to a later time either because we are getting married in a Catholic church and have to be out by a certain time for the Saturday evening mass. My question is, did any of you do this and regret it? Did you feel like you missed out on bonding time with your bridesmaids? Or did having your own hair and make-up appointment help relieve stress of the day and work out well?

Thank you!

Re: Hair and Make-Up Appointment Without Bridesmaids?

• We all got ready together b/c I REALLY wanted that bonding time.  Is there a way to have hair/make up come to you all?  Then you can all be together...
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• The last wedding I was in as a BM we went to the same places to get ready (hair at her aunt's house, makeup at a department store) but went individually at our own staggered times to make best use of the morning (we met up at the bride's house at 11:30 and then had pictures, ceremony started at 1:00).  Some people got their makeup done first and some people got their hair done first to maximize use of time.

It was time-efficient.  I wasn't the bride, but I did think it would be nicer for everyone to hang out in the morning, have a mimosa together and get ready together, we kind of missed out on that.  I think it is nice but not necessary to get ready together.
  • Do what is best for you and will give you the least amount of stress.  If you want to be alone and just focus on yourself, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You can always do something separate with your bridesmaids--a luncheon, spa day, etc.--before the wedding to spend time with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards