Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Mani/Pedi for BM's?

Do you girls find mani/pedi's for bridesmaids completely necessary?

I have two bridesmaids and a man of honor, so I'm only worrying about two girls here
One of them...money isnt too much of an issue, and I'm sure she'll be at least getting a pedi for sure...possibly a mani
But the other girl is having slight money issues. I've already offered to pay for her make-up on the day of (because my cousin-the other bm- decided to...and I wanted my friend to be done up and feel just as prety as us).....my cousin will be completely ok w/ this and understand.......but it's not really fair for me to pay for my friends make-up and mani-pedi w/o offering to do so for my cousin to?....I can't afford to pay for all of that

Opinions?
Im not insisting they get it done...but do you think it's ok if someone doesnt? The girls will be wearing floor length dresses anyway

Re: Mani/Pedi for BM's?

• I think it's fine if they opt not to have mani/pedis. As PP said, though, if you do decide to pay for one girl, you should pay for both.

My girls and I went together to have ours done a couple of days prior to the wedding, but that's a normal thing for us to do when we all get together, so it wasn't really a wedding specific activity. Just let your BMs do whatever they're most comfortable with.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Maybe a couple of days before the wedding you can invite her over and do her nails yourself.  Have a few drinks, laugh at how stressed you've been, and just have a good time.  I don't think the toes will matter, plus, I wouldn't do anyone else's toes for anything!
  • Ditto pp's. I only went to the salon with my sister/MOH to get out nails and toes done. My Grandma paid for us to go. I couldn't afford to pay for 5 other BM's, and they didn't really care either. They all did their fingers and toes themselves if they wanted them done.
  • No one will notice whether they get mani/pedis or not. That's not saying that they're not worth it - they're fun and relaxing and make a girl feel prettier. I agree with PP that you should offer to pay for both girls or neither girl for each activity. If it's important to you that they have their makeup professionally done, then pay for that. If you can afford it, pay for everything. If you can't pay for X for both of them, then make it optional whether they do X or not.
  • Mani/pedis are fun, but on a BM no one will really notice. If you want to get it all done together as a treat, I see nothing wrong with giving them the option but I wouldn't say it adds a lot to their overall appearance on the wedding.
  • I'm just asking my girls to make sure they have their nails clean/shaped/filed and a nice light polish for their toes. I'm not stressing about this or worrying about the cost of making everyone do it. I will be doing my own nails (french) and then wearing a light pink toe nail polish. easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards