Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

How do you know that the Wedding dress is "The One"??

My best friend - antle, she wasn't intend on getting one dress on that day but she picked out which she felt it really looked gorgeous and fitted her well. She bought the dress online  http://www.boncyboutique.com/   And she thought out of a hasty decision in wanting to be choose the dress. It was not until about a couple of weeks later did she has second thoughts about it. Sure it looks gorgeous and felt like "The One". But then again because her wedding is still about 10 months plus to go, she felt she still had time to go look at other shops and is now hesistant about where that dress is "The One".

So my question is, how do you know that out of the ka-zillion dresses you tried, that one is "The One"? Anyone help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How do you know that the Wedding dress is "The One"??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_wedding-dress-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:470deeb1-6c73-4622-9d4e-d6f74d921b3cPost:4c6b8fa7-22b5-436e-9843-91b0b6956545">How do you know that the Wedding dress is "The One"??</a>:
    [QUOTE]she felt she still had time to go look at other shops and is now hesistant about where that dress is "The One".
    Posted by rose000[/QUOTE]

She should NOT look at other dresses unless she DISlikes her current one. There will likel be a grass-is-greener effect with other dresses and she'll probably just pysch herself out.

Also, I never understood the need to have "the one" dress, I think it's a concept propagated by the wedding industry. I mean, I get that you'll be marrying the guy that is "made for you" in it, but there's no way the dress will be the <em>perfect </em>one "made for you" unless Vera Wang actually custom-made it for you herself. I'm sure with unlimited money you could find a better dress for almost any bride out there.

It's not all THAT different from a party dress in the sense that you want to feel sexy and gorgeous and grab people's attention. And the dress will be tailored to fit you perfectly,which makes any dress look better.
  • I liked the way it looked and fitted.  Took my mother in law with me and we both liked it.  My fiancee came to the salon and he liked it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards