Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Best Foundation for Severe Acne/Scarring?

Hey all!

Does anyone have any suggestions for awesome foundation that doesn't look cakey but gives full coverage for scarring/acne? I've heard suggestions on Sephora products. Any others?

Re: Best Foundation for Severe Acne/Scarring?

• Options
    DIor skin airbrush foundation. A little pricey, but worth it.
  • Options
    I have some hyperpigmentation from acne that just calmed down and some indented scars, and I would not recommend the airbrush the mua's put on you--it does nothing if you need more coverage.  The clarins texturizing primer in the little red jar (sold at macys and sephora) does help some for texture/indentation problems--you can geet a sample at sephora.  As far as the perfection foundation, I am still researching.  I keep getting told makeup forever hd but I find it to be a bit sheer.  I've heard good things about estee lauder's double wear foundation but it has a small amount of spf in it which im told is a nono for flash photography.  Im looking into it anyway--its non comedogenic and a bit of a fuller coverage.  It's also long wear.
  • Options
    Use a good primer and Kat Von D full coverage foundation. You can get a free sample from Sephora if you live near one.
  • Options
    Vichy dermablend foundation and concealer - going out to buy it myself today.
  • Options
    Also, have you tried washes/lotions with glycolic acid in them? You have to ease into it if you've never used them before but they sell topicals with up to 10% glycolic acid.  They really help to resurface/clarify to a degree.  I have hormonal acne/acnescarring and ive had decent experiences with glycolic acid products.  They help some with texture and help with hyperpigmentation b/c they are helping skin turnover and heal faster. It isn't a cureall but it is pretty good for over the counter stuff! Check out your local Sephora or Sephora online.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_best-foundation-for-severe-acnescarring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:4fb35fd1-1085-4c8f-b633-688aa77d80a0Post:68caa94a-c424-4ab0-8531-ecf80a316f89">Best Foundation for Severe Acne/Scarring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all! Does anyone have any suggestions for awesome foundation that doesn't look cakey but gives full coverage for scarring/acne? I've heard suggestions on Sephora products. Any others?
    Posted by ChelleBarr7[/QUOTE]

This girl is a model with severe cystic acne and in this video she shows you her whole makeup routine. it's amazing how it turns out and she lists all the products in the video description. Makeup Forever HD is one of the products she uses, too. I asked for it for Christmas to try it out! haha. good luck!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=ex33wtqnNz8" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=ex33wtqnNz8</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards