Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My only thing is that I bought my earrings yesterday for my dress!  And I am starting some work on the side for someone else who works in my office.  Which will really help to pay for the wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH has an interview this afternoon.

Last night I slept really good- the first time in awhile!
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a 1/2 day tomorrow and Monday off to do wedding stuff with my Mom who is coming into town...  tasting for reception, bridal shower, and dress fitting.

I had a shower last weekend as well and got all my thank you cards written and mailed yesterday.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm uber sore from Pilates, and FI and I's ride last night. But, sore is good. Means something is workin ;)

FI has a long race this Saturday in Weatherford with some of his racing buddies. I'm not going. Instead I'm going to stay here and go shopping with my MOH for her dress. Yes, we are just now shopping for one with 37 days left to go! (eeek!) She just had a baby about 3 weeks ago, so we had to cut it really close. She's going to have to either find something off the rack, or we are going to have to put a major rush order on it!

I'm sure it'll all work out though! And, I get to play with her baby girl on Saturday after we go shopping so that's a plus :) Playing with other people's kids always satisfies my baby fever.
  • Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f12e6682-03a5-40e4-be20-b75a2f87cf1bPost:98031cce-72bc-42de-ab7a-bdf89423ae70">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Instead I'm going to stay here and go shopping with my MOH for her dress. Yes, we are just now shopping for one with 37 days left to go! (eeek!) She just had a baby about 3 weeks ago, so we had to cut it really close. She's going to have to either find something off the rack, or we are going to have to put a major rush order on it! I'm sure it'll all work out though!
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

You just made me feel a whole lot better, I have a bridesmaid who hasnt purchased her dress...she just got married two weeks ago so I"m sure it was the last thing on her mind.  MY FSIL hasn't purchased her daughter's FG dress either. 

I got a lot of stuff done last weekend, bought the last of the little things.  I now have a guest bedroom full of wedding stuff.  I can't wait to start saving rather than spending on wedding stuff.

Ohh...and can I say, even though I know my RSVP date is 3 weeks away I still rush home to check the mail everyday hoping I find out whether I'm lucky enough to see a "Can't Make It" on certain people's RSVP. No such luck yet...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shoes came in yesterday, and they look and feel really good.
    I thought the lower heel wouldn't look that good but it actually is really flattering and I am not going to be taller than my FI and get to be comfortable the whole night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    annie-

I wouldn't worry too much, I just ordered my FG dress about 2 weeks ago and it's not even arriving until the week before the wedding. Yeah, I guess I really like to leave things until the last minute. hahaha. It doesn't really stress me out though, I know it will all turn out just fine!

Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just created a honeymoon photobook on Shutterfly - not even close to half of all the pictures I took (722 total)!! Just a brief overview!

http://prattweddingjourney.shutterfly.com/

ed: password is June1810

• Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Joanne - good job on getting the thank you's out so quickly.  I'm trying to keep mine going out as soon as I get stuff in, but it is difficult at times. 

I had my bridal photo's taken Tuesday afternoon.  I'm totally stalking my phographers blog even though she said it would be next week, and she would e-mail me...   I REALLY want to see them!!!

Wedding is 37 days away... FI still has not asked all of the ushers if they will be in the wedding.  We decided who we would ask months ago, he is just procrastinating... Ugh!

Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bridesmaid dress shouldn't be hard for her to find off the rack--black chiffon is all I requested it be.  Could find that anywhere! 

FSIL will probably end up having to get FG dress made.  Her grandma could do it easily, I just dont understand why she's so opposed to the idea.  Not my problem, as long as she has a dress, I'm good!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy I love those shoes.  Mine were very similar and were very comfortable.

Linz, I love the book.  I have one for our HM designed but I'm not thrilled about it.  Doing the HM book was definitely harder for me than the others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Linz- the book is super cute, I love the idea of making extra albums yourself.

I have no AW for the day things are not so good around here lately.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I leave for New Orleans tomorrow!  A mini vacay that is very much needed!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Steph,
    I actually walked into the Kate Spade store at Northpark to see if they had your shoes and they don't carry their wedding shoes in the store, and I was a little hesitant buying Kate Spade online because for me anyway sometimes they run a bit small and sometimes not , so I was worried about the size and having to possibly return them.

Then I bought some black Nina shoes on sale at the mall and really liked those for their comfort and then the wedding ones went on sale on their website so I ended up getting my shoes for about $60 after tax/shipping and handling and all that.

BTW, I promise my wedding won't be a carbon copy even though I have asked you a lot of questions and got a lot inspiration from you and your awesome wedding . :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Linz, your book looks awesome. You did a great job! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My AW (aside from the dress pics I'll post later after I pick up the dress- yeeee) is that our invites went in the mail today. 
    Turns out we had to add a $.17 stamp with a Ram on it, but oh well.  Totally not going to worry about a stupid ram since most people will through away the envelope 2 seconds after they open it.  Rams need love too.

• Options
    edited December 2011

balfour, my first 20 invites that I mailed out where ram-efied as well. I thought it would be quite humorous. Wink

• Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MY AW is we are taking our engagement pictures on Sunday! I can't wait, hopefully we won't be too nervous. FI does not like to have his picture taken, so hopefully he can relax and have fun My MOH is pregnant with Twins, she should deliver about 2 months before the wedding, so we are going to do last minute dress shopping for her too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f12e6682-03a5-40e4-be20-b75a2f87cf1bPost:5e6fa329-fc7a-4bfe-ad67-18cafcb856d6">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rams need love too.
    Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE] LOL

I don't have any wedding-related AWs, however, I have been really productive at work and on other stuff. I'm really impressed with myself! I took last week and the week before off from life - I didn't work on the wedding, job applications, I didn't worry about diet and exercise. And it worked! I've been so motivated this week!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy, yeah, I bought mine online and they were a little tight so I went to Northpark and they had ONE pair left--size 8 exactly what I needed. 

I am staying home from work today.  Had an upset stomach both last night and this morning and am very woozy.  I'm about to go eat some soup and watch HGTV in my pajamas the rest of the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridal shower is this weekend.  I'm just not looking forward to it.  I get anxiety when a party is for me and always worry no one will show up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My AW: I just woke up...at noon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I woke up at almost noon, too. lol

I'm so excited about Big Brother tonight! lol it's my favorite show (I love trashy reality)..
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chris and I just got back from mailing out the save the dates.  I'm super excited for people to start to get them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren, did you already post your save the dates? I wanna see, I wanna see. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f12e6682-03a5-40e4-be20-b75a2f87cf1bPost:9dfc41ec-436d-4843-a6ae-2ddfb37dbcbb">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridal shower is this weekend.  I'm just not looking forward to it.  I get anxiety when a party is for me and always worry no one will show up.
    Posted by lacy1603[/QUOTE]

I have the same fear about my bridal shower that my FMIL is hosting next weekend!!! I've already had about 4 friends tell me they can't make it, and that makes me sad :( I totally understand, but I just hope it doesn't end up being all FI's family and like 2 of my friends. I would really like the majority of the people there to be people that have been a big part of MY life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so late to the game, what does AW stand for? It seems like a post about your progress so ours is that we met with Colton @ SixFourteen Tuesday and I really like him, and we're scheduling engagements in about 3 months... which I'm super nervous for because I HATE the way I look in pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AW= attention whore.  you pretty much can brag about whatever you want!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a shower this weekend too and am stressed about the number of declines we've gotten...  Some of them really hurt my feelings and I'm trying to not let it bother me, but it's still hard.  I just remind myself that one of my BFF's is coming up from Austin for it, and my mom will be in town!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f12e6682-03a5-40e4-be20-b75a2f87cf1bPost:7eb7262d-6511-42f2-98c9-02a5d02c7afb">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a shower this weekend too and am stressed about the number of declines we've gotten...  Some of them really hurt my feelings and I'm trying to not let it bother me, but it's still hard.  I just remind myself that one of my BFF's is coming up from Austin for it, and my mom will be in town!  :)
    Posted by seujoanne[/QUOTE]

Yep, I agree. I'm trying not to take it personally too. I have a good friend coming in from out of town and there will be some people there that I haven't seen in quite a while, so I'm trying to focus on that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards