Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bridal Party Hair & Makeup

Hello! I wanted to get feedback on getting ready for my wedding with the Bridal Party.  Do most people have the bridesmaids be there the entire time to wherever the bride goes (hair salon etc..). I'm considering either having someone come to the house- or going a salon.  If someone comes to the house, does she have to style all of the girls hair too?  I don't think I am going to pay for their hair- so I didnt want to force anything on them.  What is the etiquette on getting ready....I want to make sure I dont do to much or to little.  Anything is helpful on this! Thanks :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bridal Party Hair & Makeup

• Options
    No, you do not have to have the BM's with you the entire morning. You do not have to pay for your BM's hair, however, you cannot require them to have their hair done by a certain person. So, no, if you have someone come to your house or you go somewhere, that person does not need to style the BM's hair too as long as the BM's don't want them to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    If you are not paying for their hair, I would decide what you are going to do about yourself first (have someone come to you, salon, etc.).  Then get the pricing and let your BMs know and give them the option to pay for their own hair and join you if they want to.

I wanted my BMs with me so I paid for their hair and makeup and we all got ready together.  Just do what you want and what your budget will allow.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_bridal-party-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e7d2cc5-4293-4ec6-9439-4604eb58bf0aPost:2b250690-1636-4415-99ad-4c920d67d300">Re: Bridal Party Hair & Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are not paying for their hair, I would decide what you are going to do about yourself first (have someone come to you, salon, etc.).  Then get the pricing and let your BMs know and give them the option to pay for their own hair and join you if they want to.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>this is what i did.  i gave my BMs the option.  all but one decided to get their hair done (the other made her own appointment at her salon).  everyone chose to get a manicure.  only my MOH and i will be having a pedi, the day before the wedding.</div>
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards