Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Make up artist

How much did you spend on makeup and hair? Im trying to decide what is a reasonable amount to budget. 
November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Make up artist

• Options
    I got a really good deal from Cat at Knockout Beauty. For me (mu&h) and 3 others with hair was $350. My make-up was airbrush & I got eyelashes, consult run-thru included. She rocks!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In 2009, I was hoping to spend $500 for 4 of us not including trial. I was surprised to find this was a low estimate. For me, my trial was $125 and wedding day was $505 for me and 3 BMs not including tip. I was very happy with how I looked. But my stylist has gone up since then. Angie Williams was very popular for awhile--I know at one time she was charging $110 for airbrush. Nicole Cano is a new MUA now popular.
  • Options
    Here's what I got for $915:
    Trial run Makeup
    Bridal Portrait Makeup (Airbrush) 
    Wedding Day Makeup (Airbrush)
    7 Attendants Makeup
    2 Mothers
    1 Grandmother

She is really hooking us up on the Mom's and Grandmother. I wanted them to feel special also so I asked for them to be built into the quote but to keep in mind that they wouldn't need or want the same amount of makeup as the wedding party so she drastically reduced the price for including them.
  • Options
    Nicole di dmy hair and makeup. She doesn't do airbrish, though. She was trained at Toni & Guy, and does AMAZING hair, but her makeup is self-taught. For Nicole, you have to bring your own foundation and powder since she doesn't have a huge collection of all shades. I was more than happy to do it, because I love my everyday makeup, and I wear a full face every day. I just needed her to do primer, blush, and eyes. IIRC, It was 175 for hair and makeup the day of.
  • Options
    I used Christie Lee, and loved everything about her!  Here's my breakdown:

Bridal air brush m/u for wedding day and trial -- $175
    Bridal air brush m/u for bridal portraits -- $100
    Hair for wedding day and trial -- $150
    Hair for bridal portraits -- $75

For my bridal party, she charged $90 each for air brush make-up and hair was $50 a piece. 

And, each air brush make-up application included false eye lashes.  
  • Options
    I used Marilona Makeovers, and for myself, my mother and my mother-in-law it was around $250 for makeup.  My hair stylist did our hair as a gift to me.  Marilona is amazing...airbrush for everyone including lashes, and if you book with her the day of your trial and have at least 3 people your trial is free! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards