Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

teeth whitening kills!!!

Ok, so Im sorta new to posting! But My wedding date is june 26th and Im soo excited, as im sure we all are!!! =)

Back to business....I decided to do teeth whitening before the wedding, and I wanted to do it professionally to make sure I get the results i want. So i had impressions of my teeth made and just got the teeth molds yesterday. I have to put the gel in and wear it for 30 min every day for 2 weeks. So that being said, I tried it for the first time and i had like shooting pains from the sensitivity of my teeth! My teeth generally are NOT sensitive so im really surprised!
Has anyone else experienced this???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: teeth whitening kills!!!

• Yeah, it can be painful, even if you have never had sensitivity problems before. I agree with reducing the use of the strips and using sensitive toothpaste. It should subside when you are done. But you could always ask your dentist and get it done professionally if you can afford it.
  • It's pretty normal. I started the crest 3d vivid white strips (amazing btw) but had to take a day off because they were very sensitive. I would just take a day off even though your big day is near (congrats!)
  • It may be the concentration of the solution. I have some that is less concentrated that I wear for an hour at a time. I don't think there is much you can do besides avoid hot/cold after you bleach and get the sensitive toothpaste.
    Photobucket
  • hjh444hjh444 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ask for a gel with a smaller percentage of carbamide peroxide in it. THe in-office procedure uses a very high percentage so I would NOT do that as that would probably make the sensitivity worse. USe sensitivity protection toothpaste two weeks prior to beginning the trays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards