Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Back Acne...scars...strapless dress

Anyone else have this...any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back Acne...scars...strapless dress

• No, but I hope someone does as my husband is really suffering with this right now--it just came out of nowhere!

We are currently trying Oxy wash on his back.  My daughter's dermatologist suggested this for her and it did clear up the acne on her shoulders and upper back.  She follows up the wash with the Oxy pads.
  • For the scars, Bio Oil if you have time before the wedding to reduce the appearance of the scars themselves, Dermablend to cover them up on the day of your wedding.
  • miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Im not claiming that this works for evryone but it is working for me & i have seen a tremendous difference. I bought neutrogen body clear body wash, a shower brush w/ long handle, & Ambi soft & even cream oil lotion ( I choose Ambi because it made w/women of color in mind). when i take my showers I put sum of the neutrogena on the scrubber and start scrubbung my back. Then i put the ambi on my back. I also read that after you work out you should take a shower fairly quickly after because sweat cloggs the pores and may cause moe breakouts. Hope this works out for you.
  • I forgot to add that when i do have a breakout onmy back i use some of my prescription cream thats for my face on my back.
  • I definately had problem with back acne about a year ago and it seemed like nothing I tried helped at all.  Someone mentioned to me that it might be the conditioner that was clogging my pores on my back.  I would usually let the conditioner sit in my hair while washing my body and then would rinse the conditioner out after.  Didn't even think that rinsing the conditioner out sent it down my just cleaned back.  Simply changing my routine around to make sure that washing my back was the last thing I did in the shower made a huge difference. 

• edited June 2010
    yes, buy the scrub that has salycitic acid in it and a bit of an abrasive ingredient.  Use that daily...also if it is really bad, tell your dermatologist and they can give you an oral antibiotic like Tetrycyline.
  • Are they only scars or reoccuring acne? How long do you have until the wedding? Are the scars red, dark, pitted?

If you have a long time and I mean at least 6 months you could try a series of light peels. Go to makeupalley.com and ask around on their skincare board for places you can order at home peels. I do my own at home, but last one didn't do a thing for my fine lines.

Stay out of the sun or use serious sunscreen. Any scar is made darker by the sun.

Clinique has a new product out that shows promise. Just ask and they will know what you are talking about. Takes around 3 months to work.

See a derm.

If it makes you feel any better I have linear scleroderma on my left shoulder which basically means I look like someone beat me and I bruised there. I am going to try tattoo cover.
  • Oh forgot to put that your hair conditioner can aggravate back breakouts.
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    i have this problem too - and my dress is open back (doh!). I started using the Neutrogena body wash and doing weekly scrubs with a natural loofah. Its really helped a lot. When the breakouts are extra bad, i hit a local salon and get a back facial. you lay on your stomach while the estitition does a facial series of treatments (cleanse, steam, mask, etc) and extractions. It works really well!   Good luck
  • I don't have acne scars but I did have surgery on my arm that left a big scar.  My plastic surgeon used lasers to reduce the coloration.  I still have a big scar, but it's more the same color as the rest of my skin, so it's not as obvious in pictures.  I'm not sure what your budget is, but you could get an estimate from a dermatologist on a laser procedure.  If all else fails and you're really self-conscious, you could always wear a pretty shawl. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards