Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Invitation help - Please!

So the wedding planning has kind of taken a back seat (woops) because of my recent discovery of my love of couponing (totally another story but explains why I am slacking), and although I have managed to book venue, find dress, photographer and HOPEFULLY DJ (I met Melody with Melody and Memories, love her! but FI doesn't because we are both hispanic with big hispanic families and his worry is that she won't be able to play the kind of music we like. We had found another DJ who is great  with the kind of music we want, but he isn't a wedding DJ, so I'm worried he won't know what to do).

Anyways, it's about time I start looking for invitations but I'm just horrible at it. I have not idea what I want/what would look good. I have about $350 alloted for invites, just invites, no save the dates, for around 100 people. but I don't even know what would look good! I'm a mess. I'm going to attach a picture, and if any of you lovely ladies have any ideas, PLEASE share. Much thanks in advance.

Re: Invitation help - Please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Any good wedding DJ (which Melody definitely is) will have a variety of music including Tejano music.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I see is a picture of a cake.

I used Etsy for my invitations.  I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else.  Wedding Paper Divas is popular also. There are lots of sites online you can choose--even if you don't want to order your invites online, it's good to browse to get an idea of what you would like.  Some brides get kits and put them together themselves.  I personally was never happy with the quality of the kits I saw, but invitations were pretty important to me.  They are certainly economical and since they will be discarded anyway, they are a popular choice.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Etsy as well.  Pileofhats was the seller.  I had a great experience and the invitations were very budget friendly.  Give her your budget and your ideas and she can create something custom.

Good luck!
  • Options
    jmitcheljmitchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used A Printable Press... It's an online company in New York that has beautiful designs that you choose from and she customizes them for you for a minimal fee. Then she gives you the rights to them and you can print them accordingly. It worked out really well because FI works for FedEx and we got a heck of a deal on printing. I added to them so it was a great combo of custom and DIY. I've gotten tons of compliments ... www.aprintablepress.com if you want to check it out :) She is so sweet and easy to work with! My budget was around the same amount and we ended up right on target.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    molliemguerramolliemguerra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted the picture so everyone could get an idea of my wedding design/decoration, because it is based off of the cake. Thanks for the advice, now I have to go look and try and pick something out. I don't know why I am having such a hard time doing this!

@TexanTreasure08, Tejano music is actually Mexican music, we are Central American so are looking more for Salsa and Merengue, but I am still hoping she should have the music. Honestly with either DJ we would go with I am a little worried.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_invitation-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f4878545-ad05-4354-a8c0-e9fafbeaa999Post:38dbf66d-608a-4a70-a3fe-cbad7b816dce">Re: Invitation help - Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted the picture so everyone could get an idea of my wedding design/decoration, because it is based off of the cake. Thanks for the advice, now I have to go look and try and pick something out. I don't know why I am having such a hard time doing this! Posted by molliemguerra[/QUOTE]

Oh, Ok, gotcha.  It's pretty.  Don't feel bad--I must have looked at invitations for literally hours.  Invitations are supposed to "set the tone" for your wedding.  So think about what you want your guests to think when they see it--is it going to be casual, a garden theme, an elegant affair, etc.  When you are thinking of design, think about what you want your guests to envision in their minds about your wedding when they see it.  HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards