Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

hair vitamins?

Ok so I lurked on this 1st page of the board and didn't see any posts for this. Supposedly there are vitamins you can take to make your hair grow longer and faster. Is this true? Do they work? Would it also accelerate hair growth all over the body? My hair just does not seem to be growing fast enough!

Re: hair vitamins?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_hair-vitamins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:95a2247a-c00d-4798-b55d-687340b57da4Post:563eb76a-9ce4-4f06-8300-0f6543cf6854">hair vitamins?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I lurked on this 1st page of the board and didn't see any posts for this. Supposedly there are vitamins you can take to make your hair grow longer and faster. Is this true? Do they work? Would it also accelerate hair growth all over the body? My hair just does not seem to be growing fast enough!
    Posted by julieandjojo[/QUOTE]

there is a vitamin called Hair, Nail & Skin....I took it before my wedding & I really do think it made my hair grow, and made nails harder.  I bought it at CVS.  It can be found at any drug store or Walmart
  • Lots of girls take Biotin, which is supposed to help with hair skin and nails.
  • I've been taking biotin for maybe a month or so now. I haven't noticed much difference in my hair, but in my nails and skin...
  • Phyto has vitamins for hair (Phyto is a hair product line) that I've heard good stuff about.

Right now, I'm taking a multi from GNC (it's the Be Whole vitamin) with a separate hair vitamin called Shen Min.  It seems to be working well, but the Shen Min is more than I want to spend...so I think I'm going to switch to GNC's version of it, called Be Beautiful.  It's getting a lot of good reviews on other vitamin sites.  GNC also does these vitamin packs..and they have a Be Beautiful pack that has the Be Whole multi, the Be Beautiful, fish oil, and a bunch of other stuff in it...I may step up to that one after I finish the ones I have.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Hey there,

I have had expeirence taking both Hair, Skin & Nails as well as Biotin. When taking Biotin I feel like, as a PP stated, it mainly affects just the skin and nails. My hair was smoother but I didn't see much advancement in the length of my hair. However with Hair SKin and Nails I really do feel like my hair was growing, and relatively fast compared to how slow it normally grows.

So if you want a smoother look, go for Biotin. To make it grow faster I'd use Hair, Skin and Nails!

Good Luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ?BFP: 2/25/15 ? Natural MC 3/7/12 (5w3d) ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards