Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

HELP PLEASE-- NEED ADVICE!

Anyone have any tips for getting rid of some fresh acne brown spots??
I have my engagement photos in less than 3 weeks and suddenly my face decided to break out (I haven't had a break out in MONTHS!!!!) so now I am freaking out.... I have 2 really really bad dark spots (not really scars and they are still pretty fresh) so I am looking for a way to minimize them.
Ideally without going in for a facial- I want something less expensive, that I can do at home on my own. 
Any help is appreciated!!!!

Re: HELP PLEASE-- NEED ADVICE!

• Options
    I had luck with Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. I used to have acne back in college and would pick my face all of the time. As a result, I had some brown spots and scars. I bought some of that fading peel and it worked really, really well. I am sure you can find it at any drugstore. The trick with it is that you need to be consistent and follow the directions so that takes care of what it is supossed to esp since you don't have much time.

You could also try getting your make-up done professionally. I am sure the pros know how to cover/hide acne marks, etc. Good luck
  • Options

FRESH LEMON JUICE!!! Ok I know this sounds crazy but it will reduce the dark spots. I had really bad acne then was put on accutane by my dermatologist. After the acne was cleared up I had dark spots and with lemon juice and spf everyday they are hardly noticable. You'll need to put it on at least once or more if you can. Just a warning...make sure the area isn't open and don't cover your entire face...spot treating is the key! Putting it all over can make it itch and sting at times. Nothing horrible though. Good Luck.

Mr&MrsC
  • Options
    The lemon juice will definitely work.. but like she mentioned, SPOT treatment is crucial!  Also, your photographer will more than likely be able to clean it up if it's still not to your liking.

I have clear skin and the week before my e-pics I got a pimple right at the top of my cheekbone (awesome, right?!) and although it some-what healed, the red bump was still there.  My photographer took it out of all of our close-ups so no one even knew I had it!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards