Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Foundation Recs

Hello!  I am wondering if any of you know of a foundation that will work with photos, etc on my wedding day?  I am looking for a foundation that offers medium to heavy coverage (without looking caky- I have a very uneven skin tone).  I am thinking about going to a makeup counter but am not sure which one is best.  Experiences/advice welcome!! TIA

Re: Foundation Recs

• I'm using Makeup Forver HD Foundation. You can get it in sephora and its great covreage without being to heavy. Plus it looks good in photos..I've been testing it out, so that I can attest to. GL
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Smashbox Camera Ready foundation. it's a potted cream foundation that you apply with a brush or sponge. it offers great medium coverage to start off, and is easily buildable to heavy coverage. it's what I'm wearing in my siggy pic.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I've been using Dior Flash - it comes in a spray bottle and is great for the airbrush effect. I got mine at Sephora - its a great alternative to the other airbrush system that is much more expensive.

MAC foundation is also fantastic.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • maybe you like:

www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous-designer-wedding- dress-ma515-p-72.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous-designer-wedding-

dress-ma515-p-72.html

www.theweddingstyle.com/aline-strapless-applique-beading-wedding -dress-rdw017-p-236.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/aline-strapless-applique-beading-wedding

-dress-rdw017-p-236.html

• Classified Era Everyday Foundation. i have very fair skin with freckles and i loooove this. mostly because the shade actually looks right on my skin. but they have a wide variety as well (in case you have darker skin).

it's about $40 where i get it, but it lasts a long time (depending on how much you use it as well). you just spray it for about 2-4 seconds on your face, then pat it down to set it.

http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/6206831/classified-cosmetics-era-everyday-foundation
  • If you're can spend the money, I would suggest using MAC. It's an investment, but the products are great!
    Anniversary
  • I agree with smooth84 - Make Up Forever all the way.  It's amazing!  Definitely buy the finishing powder, too.
  • I use Makeup Forever HD and I love it for the fall/winter, but it did not hold up well for me once it started getting warmer...even though I am not outside very much.

For the spring/summer I have been using Lorac Natural Performance Foundation. It is oil free and lightweight, but still gives enough coverage. It has worked better for me than anything else I have tried for the warmer months.
    Photobucket
  • I bought the Makeup Forever HD foundation for my engagement pictures and I loved it! It lasted all day, even at the beach in high humidity and looked great in the pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards