Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Teeth Whitening?

I was considering looking at the teeth whitening option.. and I keep going back and forth.  I don't know that I can afford shelling out $400-$800 to have my dentist do it.  Should I go the ol' Crest Whitestrips route... or do I go with something like GOSmile?  Anyone used any of these products?
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: Teeth Whitening?

• Crest Whitestrips are great. don't go with an off brand, they don't work as well. it has to be the Crest Whitestrips.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I agree, get Crest Whitestrips. Although, my dentist just recommended the white trays by aquafresh b/c they are less harsh on your teeth and will cause less sensitivity. He also said to use a fluoride rinse once a day when whitening to prevent enamel wear and tear. I hope this helps! Don't spend that much money on whitening!
  • I have been using the Listerine whiting strips. They tasting kinda bad and are a little thick so I learned the hard way. But if you put them on before you get in the shower but the time you get out you are ready to brush your teeth and finish getting ready for your day. and I can really tell a difference and so can alot of other people at work. I really like them, I personally like them better than crest i think they stay in place better.

• I love the crest white strips.  I use the professional grade and my teeth look great!  I can really notice a difference and they are a fraction of the cost of going to the dentist.  Give them a try!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GOSmile definitely isn't an off-brand... it's higher end.  They sell it at stores like Sephora, but it's $89 or $120 depending on which "box" you get.  But I don't know if that will work better than just the Crest strips.  $30 is definitely more in my price range than $120! 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • I got the Crest Advanced Vivid strips. They have 3 kinds right now, Vivid $19.99, which I read terrible reviews, Advance Vivid $34.99 which had pretty good reviews and Professional Effects $39.99 (I think) which had great reviews, at Target. I'm about to do my last strip in 14 days. It wasn't bad, annoying if anything because it's 2 weeks, every night. We also got Sensodine toothpaste for sensitivity. My teeth have been pretty sensitive from dental work 4 months ago but I'm not feeling any sensitivity from this yet. We did notice a difference in whiteness after 3 days like they advertise, and it got better toward the end. Very happy with outcome, it just depends on what price range you're in.
  • I started the 14 day advanced vivid strips and I can't use them...my teeth are way to sensitive...They bugged me more than 24 hours after taking them off.  Maybe if I get the floride rince that will help?  Oh, I got the matching toothpast as well.  Good luck!
  • The dentist who was cleaning my teeth on Wednesday said that I shouldn't waste my money on professional whitening.  She said to do the Crest Whitestrips instead - the kind with the gel.  She also said that the box will tell you to leave it on for 20 minutes, but it's better to leave it on for closer to an hour, and do it every other day.  You really need 2 boxes worth of the whitestrips to see a major improvement.  She said that the best time to start them is right after your dental cleaning because there's less gunk on your teeth to get in the way of the bleach.
  • Okay... operation Crest Whitestrips BEGINS!  I got the 3D Professional Results box.  Slimy strips are on the teeth.  I figured I'll do one box now... and then one closer to the "big day"

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • I am on day 3 of the Crest 3D Whitestrips.  I also got the matching toothpaste.  I think they look whiter already and my teeth are not bothering me at all.  Good Luck!
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards