Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Someone please save my foot

Does anyone know how to get rid of a corn or plantars wort (not sure which I have, will be going to the doc soon)? I have had one on the bottom of my big toe for like 2 months now and it SUCKS! I've tried using the medicated pads and whatnon and while they provide cushion support, they irritate my skin. Getting it removed via surgery is out of the question for now because I can't take time off work and I don't have a lot of money.

Plus, my wedding is like a month and a half away. I can walk without limping, but I'd really like to not have to worry about it on the day of our wedding. No more heels at work for me! Seriously I'm wearing slippers if I can get away with it.

Re: Someone please save my foot

• You can have the doctor freeze it off and burn it out. I had one on my heel (plantar's wart) and they freeze it, cut it off, and burn it out of the bottom of your foot. They have to do this because plantar's warts grow inward and can just come back again if you just focus on the top of it. It hurt for about a week but it wasn't any worse than the wart itself and now I'm good to go. They suck, trust me! Feel better!
  • It sounds like you've tried the wart remover pads, but I found that the liquid works better. If you use that, and cover it with Duct Tape, wait a few days, and rip it off. The wart should come out with the tape, if not, try again. (Sounds gross, I know..) The wart remover isn't meant to feel awesome, it's usually salicylic acid and it's whole purpose is to kill the skin around the wart so that you can pull it out. I had a crazy infestation of them on the bottom of my foot a few years back (thank you college dorms!) and that was how I got rid of them. They never came back either.

If that sounds too gross, the Dr. can definitely remove them for you. On second thought, it's probably much faster that way... I guess the home method made more sense while I was in college...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_someone-please-save-foot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:b98056d0-be9b-4e02-a84b-f41854b28efdPost:846f1ded-395f-47a4-8e17-473c86f7a32a">Re: Someone please save my foot</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like you've tried the wart remover pads, but I found that the liquid works better. If you use that, and cover it with Duct Tape, wait a few days, and rip it off. The wart should come out with the tape, if not, try again. (Sounds gross, I know..) The wart remover isn't meant to feel awesome, it's usually salicylic acid and it's whole purpose is to kill the skin around the wart so that you can pull it out. I had a crazy infestation of them on the bottom of my foot a few years back (thank you college dorms!) and that was how I got rid of them. They never came back either. If that sounds too gross, the Dr. can definitely remove them for you. On second thought, it's probably much faster that way... I guess the home method made more sense while I was in college...
    Posted by Terry&Patrick[/QUOTE]

Holy Hera that sounds painful. Then again, so does freezing and burning it off. But I really don't have the money for a doctor....ugh, we'll see what happens in the next few days then I'll decide.
  • Dr. Scholl's has a new kit that contains a little thing to freeze it off yourself. It has the little canister of freezing stuff, plus liquid stuff to put on in between freezing. It's about $20 in Walgreens or wherever. I think that would be worth a shot if the doctor is out of the question right now.
  • Put a piece of duct tape over it and leave it there for as long as you possibly can. Take it off in the shower and immediately replace it. This should suffocate the wart (which is what you have). I saw this on Dr. Oz
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards