Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

makeup airbrush.

I put this (beow) in the "over 40" board, but thought I'd find more feed back here. Thanks!!
I've done a few makeup trials. This is not something I know much about. And noticing the lines on my face (yup I got some) look worse/deeper, especially around the eyes.   Is this an airbrush issue? Or just a makeup issue? Thoughts?  What can I, if anything, ask the makeup artist do? Primer? Don't airbrush? Do airbrush, but use less concealer? I keep getting different answers from them. "Airbrush fills lines." "Use traditional." "Less concealer" etc..  But the results are, frankly, the same. 

Re: makeup airbrush.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeup-airbrush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:bd3b61ac-e2e8-4243-8c89-33bbbd098424Post:7ff533fd-8ea4-49ff-bf93-554b0f2a53e9">makeup airbrush.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I put this (beow) in the "over 40" board, but thought I'd find more feed back here. Thanks!! I've done a few makeup trials. This is not something I know much about. And noticing the lines on my face (yup I got some) look worse/deeper, especially around the eyes.   Is this an airbrush issue? Or just a makeup issue?  Thoughts?  What can I, if anything, ask the makeup artist do? Primer? Don't airbrush? Do airbrush, but use less concealer? I keep getting different answers from them. "Airbrush fills lines." "Use traditional." "Less concealer" etc..  But the results are, frankly, the same. 
    Posted by jrkubr[/QUOTE]

Have you tried a traditional makeup trial?  I originally thought for sure that I'd do airbrush.  Then I had it done and I didn't really care for it.  I tried traditional and I thought that I got better coverage and more use of colors and my face just looked better. I know some say airbrush lasts longer, but I got the traditional done mid morning, and by the end of the night it still looked great. 
  • Are you using a good moisturizer under your makeup?  That is the best way to minimize them.  You also want to make sure you don't use alot of powder near the eye area.
  • im a freelance artist fpr mac and what i would recommend would be to make sure you exfoliate atleast once a week  and properly moisturize your skin in the am and take off your makeup in pm then apply moisturizer before bed leading up to the wedding. in addition use a good moisturizer and a primer that is spongy so that it glides over the creases. also do no apply too much powder keep i more glowy and fresh but not shiny or shimmery !!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!!!!!
    Any other suggestions??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards