Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

speaking of hair...

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board! Anyways, I am in need of advice. I pretty much already have decided what I am going to do but I wanted non biased opinions.
 I am normally a red head but a few months ago my best friend and I had a crazy idea to dye my hair platinum blonde not knowing that in a few months I would be getting engaged and then planning a May 2011 wedding. The problem is that my mom and future MIL really want my hair back to my natural hair color for the wedding because they say I will regret having it blonde.(more so my mom speaking) One advantage I have is that my friend is a professional hair stylist so technically we could try to get it back close enough to my natural color but she has admitted that it would be really difficult.
 I personally like my hair this color and have decided to keep it this way for the wedding. My fiance likes my hair both ways and doesn't really care so I'm not worried about that either.  I have been firm with them that I want to keep my hair this color and that I don't appreciate getting slack about it but they keep insisting I change my hair back. So like I said earlier, I have pretty much decided to keep it blonde but I guess what I am asking is if I am being unreasonable to not listen to the mothers in this situation? Here is one of our engagement pictures just so you can see. Let me know what you think!

Re: speaking of hair...

• It's your hair and your day!! It's not like you dyed it some outrageous color that looks awaful on you! Tell them that you want to keep your hair this color for a while because YOU like it!
    imageAnniversary
  • As PP said... its your hair and your day!  I think you look fantastic as a blonde!  Not everyone can pull of platinum blonde... rather very few people can pull it off but you look amazing!  So, if it makes you happy I say go with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • echoing PPs- your day, your hair, your pics and memories!

btw, you look great as a blonde! :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're a grown woman about to get married--I think you've earned the right to wear your hair however you want. 

If you think you will switch back to red soon after the wedding, then I would say go ahead and do it beforehand (as you might feel weird looking at your wedding pictures), but if you plan to keep it this way, then don't change it. 
  • That is how I have felt this whole time but I'm getting super irritated that they won't leave it alone! Thanks everyone! I guess I will just have to continue to tell them to drop it until they finally do.
  • I don't know what you look like with red hair, but the blonde looks great on you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards