Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Airbrush Make-up and Sensitive Skin

I already know that I will be having the airbrush for my wedding- I've had it before and had zero problems. My mother, however, has very sensitive skin and I'm worried that it will irritate her skin- even Bare Minerals bothered her (so she normally only wears blush and eye make-up). She will actually be having an air-brush trial closer to the wedding to make sure it doesn't irritate her skin- so my question is have any of you fellow knotties that have sensitive skin  used the airbrush make-up w/out any problems? Thanks!
Anniversary Vacation Vacation

Re: Airbrush Make-up and Sensitive Skin

• Options

I have extremely sensitive skin.  I had my makeup trial this past Sunday and opted for the airbrush application because I was told it was sweat proof and lasts 10-12 hours. 

I was waiting for my skin to start itching and to break out that same day, but nothing happened.  I did not have any type of reaction to the airbrush application - I was stunned. 

What also amazed me was that I felt like I was not wearing any makeup.  I loved it.
    My mother has sensitive skin too and I am going to suggest she get airbrush application the day of the wedding.

Hope this helped.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
  • Options
    It did- thank you!
  • Options
    Hi Carrie,

This is not related to the airbrush make-up, but what brand of make-up do you use for your eyes? My mom is always having a problem finding a brand that doesn't irritate the skin around her eyes. TIA!
  • Options
    I do not wear much eye make-up (usually eye shadow and eyeliner - liquid and pencil), but when I do, I use Cover Girl products.  I have also had luck with Victoria's Secret makeup too.  My skin is fine with these products. 

I also have Revlon mascara and have never had any problems with that either.  It is really difficult finding make-up that does not irritate sensitive skin. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards