Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Catering Costs?

I am considering a DIY venue in Fort Worth and was curious what potential catering costs might be for a reception of about 175 people. What is a considered a "good" price? The catering list on this site does not provide all that much of a variety - are there any FW caterers past/future brides recommend?

Re: Catering Costs?

• Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caterers can be all over the map in terms of prices.  Some are $10-12 pp (Black Eyed Pea is, from what I understand) while others can be up to $100+ pp.  It all depends on what you want.  Probably the best idea would be to determine what your food budget is, what type of food you want, and then get some quotes from caterers you are interested in. I think generally from what I've observed, restaurant catering can be one of the cheapest ways to go (again, Black Eyed Pea, Johnny Carinos, Olive Garden, etc).  HTH!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    My quote for 175 including hors d'doeuvres, dinner and a late night pass is around $5,500.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I used Allie's Catering and it broke down to $20 pp. That included:
    -fruit and cheese trays
    -salad with two dressings
    -two meats
    -two veggies
    - one starch
    -ice tea and water

As well as real plates, glasses, silverware, poly napkins, salt & pepper, butter and sweetners for the tea.

That price included delivery, set-up, break down, waiters, servers and tip.

I LOVED the food :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is $5,296 for 125, but I'm using the same person as WineChic and now I'm wondering why mine is the same for less people?

What were you thinking you would like your budget to be at? That will help you decide who to use.
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Jenn~email me what you've got on your menu, I'm worried we don't have enough food, but we have our meeting and tasting on July 8th, so this could change!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Italian and Mexican food is usually a less expensive dinner option, whether it's from a restaurant or from a catering company. I also know a few girls here who've done BBQ. From $10-20pp.

We had Mexican food (Pappasitos) for the rehearsal dinner and upscale American (Reata) for the reception.
  • Options
    pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Decide on your approximate budget and number of guests and then ask for quotes. Caterers will work with your budget and make suggestions that you might not have even thought about.

We used Culinary Art Catering for our daughter's recent wedding and they were outstanding - they handle all different size crowds and delicious foods at a wide range of prices. You don't have to worry about a thing and they are affordable. They will also arrange for linens, china, etc.  Ask for Vivian Morgan.  http://www.culinaryartcatering.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards