Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

I Never Wear Makeup

I never wear makeup except on very special occasions and even then only like some mascara and maybe some blush or something like that. I want to wear some makeup for my wedding though, but not enough to make me look completely different. Any suggestions on what I should do? TIA!
Anniversary

Re: I Never Wear Makeup

• will you be doing it yourself or using a pro? if ur using a pro do a trila and tell them u want to look natural.
  • I completely agree, my friend who was married doesn't wear much make up but she had her make up done professionally by a man that works at our local Saks, she booked a room at a downtown hotel and he walked over from there, she told him she wanted to look natural and that's what he did. After her make up was done and she was all dressed the limo picked her up and took her to the church. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2010
    My daughter who was in my wedding had never really worn any makeup until my wedding day.  My MUA airbrushed her and just did a very light application and she looked and felt beautiful.

• Go with a pro and do airbrushing. Just ask for light colors on eyes and lips.
  • mch07cmch07c member
    First Comment
    Thanks ladies. I haven't decided who will do it yet because I had no idea what to do! I'll look into a pro here and see if I can get a trial run. Thanks for the advice!
    Anniversary
  • Google pictures of models & stars to show the MUA what you have in mind.  This will give them a direction to head in.  Look for people who have either the same hair or eye or skin color as you.   Let the MUA show you a more dramatic look too & get pictures of both looks.  Wear a shirt the same color as your dress to be more accurate.   Have fun playing dress up!
  • I never wear make up (haven't worn it since high school). I am not going to wear it on my wedding day. My FI ask me to marry him when he knows I hardly wear makeup, and I want to look like myslf on my wedding day. I also want to look beautiful for him. I'll look different with makeup on, even "natural-looking" makeup.

I recommend wearing a level of makeup you are used to and are comfortable in.
  • I also recommend going with a pro.  I never wear make up but everyone tells me I need to wear some on my wedding day so I am.  A pro is putting it on and she has done lots of brides like me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_never-wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:e1d0ac61-0a4c-4516-9ab0-ab817b76e8dbPost:2f3b21d5-0917-48e1-9a1e-39bafe4b4dac">Re: I Never Wear Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also recommend going with a pro.  I never wear make up but everyone tells me I need to wear some on my wedding day so I am.  A pro is putting it on and she has done lots of brides like me!
    Posted by angiems97@charter.net[/QUOTE]

If you never wear makeup, why change that on your wedding day? Don't do it just because everyone is saying you should. Your FI is used to seeing you without it and he thinks you look beautiful without it.

The argument that almost convinced me to wear it was that it would look better in pictures. Well, you know what? FI won't be wearing makeup and no one is telling him he'll look bad in pictures without it. Therefore, no makeup for me!
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_never-wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:e1d0ac61-0a4c-4516-9ab0-ab817b76e8dbPost:f823dfcf-d930-402e-944c-cc514a2c6cca">Re: I Never Wear Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Never Wear Makeup : If you never wear makeup, why change that on your wedding day? Don't do it just because everyone is saying you should. Your FI is used to seeing you without it and he thinks you look beautiful without it.

The argument that almost convinced me to wear it was that it would look better in pictures. Well, you know what? FI won't be wearing makeup and no one is telling him he'll look bad in pictures without it. Therefore, no makeup for me!
    Posted by beamer84[/QUOTE]
    One of my best male friends was married last year.  He and a few of the groomsmen wore makeup to even out complexions.  They also had thier teeth whitened.

It was kind of fun.  I got to do their make up.
    And guess what?  They DID look great in pictures.
  • I just bought a Too Faced Natural Eye kit for my wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image image image
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    My Wedding Music Video | My Fur Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards