Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Newbie here! Eyelashes?

Hi I'm new to this board but I thinks this would be the most appropriate place to post it!

has anyone every gotten false eyelash extensions?? or known someone?? how did they work out? I am considering them since my eyelashes are thin and short!

Re: Newbie here! Eyelashes?

• Options
    They are included in my Makeup Application! I've never tried them, but I'm going to go for it. She is going to apply them during the trial... and see how they work out!
  • Options

I wore false eyeleashes for my wedding and loved them.  I think the OP is talking about extensions which are different.  I don't have any experience with them however.

• Options
    I don't have any experience with lash extensions, but I've worn a lot of falsh eyelashes before and I love them.  You just have to get a pair that has really good glue.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    eyelash extensions seem really popular, but i wouldn't do them because i've heard many horror stories from makeup artists who really don't recommend them.

i would do your research and make sure you get them done at a really good place, because you can really damage your eyes.

but why not save the money and buy a pair of falsies? you can get really amazing natural ones that look great. try MAC or Make Up Forever

• Options
    I would do a trial run before the wedding, preferably pretty far in advance. Get recommendations. I've never done extensions, but I have worn fake eyelashes in the past and they didn't bother me, but I used the ones with a few lashes rather than the whole strip, and if you do decide to go that way, practice applying them and make sure you have good glue.
  • Options
    I had lash extensions done, and they take forever!!! It took me a good 3 hours to get it done, but they looked really natural. They usually hold pretty good for a week, but then they start falling out and the glue gets clumpy after that. Depending on your relationship with the person applying them, you can get touchups for free. Honestly, they don't photograph that well and you can't curl them or put mascara on them. Falsies are the way to go.
  • Options
    Anastasia, your BM dress was my RD dress.  I love that dress and wore it out on our first anniversary too.  I considered it for my BMs, but my sister said no way since were getting married in the fall.

• Options
    I get eyelash extensions once in a while, they're really nice and it only takes about 15 minutes to get mine done. However, if you sleep on your stomache I don't recommend them. Once they get all bent up you can't get them to go back and you have to rip em off. And I agree with pp, they don't photograph as well as fakies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards