Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush experience

Is airbrushing the best for wedding day foundation?  Any experience with it?  I have combination skin and use proactiv because I get breakouts.  I use mineral makeup from Everyday Minerals.  It seems like people do airbrushing a lot for their weddings though.  Help!

Re: Airbrush experience

• I always recommend airbrush makeup for the wedding day.  It is lightweight while providing great coverage, lasts all night and photographs beautifully.  I looked as good in the last picture of the night as I did in the first.  I was also airbrushed for my E-pics and it still looked great late that night even after being in the hot Texas sun for 2 hours.
  • I am planning on doing airbrush also for my wedding, but I have a question. Does your face still get shiny if you get oily or sweaty? Is it an exaggerated or muted effect?

•  I have dry skin so I can't comment on the oily part.  But I know I was sweating during my E-pics and my makeup didn't budge.
  • I don't have any experience with it, but I am definitely having it done to cover my tattoo since it seems to be the only foolproof makeup that won't wear or rub off, and will probably also have my facial makeup airbrushed.  I flush very easily when I'm warm, so I want to have an even skin color for the pictures instead of being beet red.
  • I had airbrush makeup for my wedding and I would highly recommend it to everyone. It lasted all day through sweat (it was late June and the ceremony and cocktail hour were outside) and tears. It also photographs flawlessly and is really lightweight so you don't feel like you're wearing a lot of makeup.
  • Last Saturday I had airbush make-up for my b-pics. It looked and felt great all night! 

However, my MOH also had it done the same afternoon. She has VERY oily skin, and by the end of the night she complained that it looked greasy and cakey at the same time. I didn't notice until she pointed it out, but she was right. It's like the oil had made the make-up separate from her skin and then pool together. And this was on a cold day.

Anyway, you should test it out and see how you like it on your skin. :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Laura, did you and your MOH use the same artist? 
  • Ive been reading about Airbrush Make-up and im very interested i would love to look
    perfect on my wedding day and pictures of course. But does anybody know where can you get this type of make up? I live in San Diego CA and will be getting married in Palm Desert. I dont know of anyone who does Airbrush make-up never even heard of it any ideas?
  • Click on the local board link on the left for your area and post this there.  Hopefully the board is active and someone can give you a local recommendation.  You can also try Weddingwire.com.
  • I have oily(er) skin and I LOVED my airbrush foundation!  It coverd my 1 big zit and evened out my skin wonderfully.
  • Glad I read this ladies!!! I am getting airbrush makeup and was a little nervous!!! Very helpful!!!! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards