Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Laser Hair Removal

I'm planning on getting laser hair removal for my bikini. I get a lot of irritation from shaving and laser hair removal sounds wonderful. I was wondering what the average cost runs for that and also how the pain factor is. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Laser Hair Removal

• Hey!  I just started laser hair removal in Toronto.  I'm getting it done with an IPL machine and it feels like a little needle pricking you (painful) but it's very short and I only feel the pain in some of my hair follicles.  The technician says each person is different and the paler your skin is the less it hurts since the laser light is only attracted to the pigmentation of your hair, not your skin.  I beleive just a bikini was about $700 if you buy a package or about $80 per session.  Depending on your hair you'll need an average of 6-12 sessions and it only takes about 10 minutes (not even) per session.

Hope this helps and good luck!!  I can't wait 'till I'm hair free Laughing
  • I had laser hair removal done a few years ago, and it wasn't worth it.  Unless you have fair skin and dark hair, the laser isn't likely to work on your hair.  I have a lot of light colored hairs, so I had about a 25% reduction. 

I paid about $1200 for both my Brazilian area and under arms.  Groupon often has laser hair removal deals in Phoenix, so keep an eye out.  They had one just a few weeks ago even.

The pain is definitely manageable, especially if you only have the bikini line done.  Pop a Tylenol before hand, and you will be fine.  The place I went to gave you an ice pack to numb the area before hand. I'm not sure what was more uncomfortable, the ice pack or the laser on my hoo haa :)
    Photobucket
  • I loved laser hair removal. Not sure how much it costs in your area but so many people around here are offering deals these days I guess due to the economy. It can be slightly painful and annoying but manageable. But it worked for me! You should try to be as pale as possible (No tan) It works better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have LHR done... I go to Ideal Image, which is a chain.  They only do laser hair removal at their offices, and the people that I've worked with area really nice.  i think I'm going to get my bikini done, but right now I just had my lip and underarms done.  I love it.  I couldn't recommend it fast enough.

As far as the pain goes, I don't think it's all that bad.  And I'm a big wuss.  I have close to zero tolerance for pain.  It kind of feels like someone snapped you with a rubber band.  And they give you aloe afterwards (at least, they do where I go).   And the cost differs depending on who you go to, what the area is, etc.  Generally if you do some kind of package it'll be less.  The place I go to does specials all the time, too... which is good to check out for those.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited July 2010
    Depends on the market you live in. It gets very pricey. The important thing to consider is that not everyone is a candidate for laser and it is NOT permanent or painless. Laser is attracted to pigment, so if you have very fair skin and dark hair, you are the prime candidate for laser. If your skin and hair are dark, the laser can often zap some of the pigment out of your skin. If your hair is light, the laser will likely not be able to locate the pigment in the hair. If you're willing to be committed to it and you're a candidate, it could be worth the investment for you. If you're just looking to do it for your wedding, get a brazilian wax, save yourself $600. The pain level is about the same and waxing is far less expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • i would recommend you go to a dermatologist who does this or has someone in her office who does.  where i live, a lot of people perform LhR in spas / salons and this is illegal.  i went through the time / expense of going to a spa only to find out it was againt medical board and it also didnt work for me. since i have been having LHR in derm office i can tell a huge difference, they have more than one laser and determine which to use based on your skin tone and hair color/texture, and it works! 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are many hair removal centers available now a day. They remove hair by laser therapy. It is painless and very cost effective technique.

laser hair removal equipment
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards