Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Question

Hi! I was just wondering who is typically the one who pays for this dinner? We are planning to just go out to a resturant after our rehearsal for dinner since It will only be about 10 people. So, I just need to know if FI and I are responsible for the dinner bill or who is? Thanks! All this wedding planning is surely a learning experiance for me.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question

• Options
    Usually the parents of the groom pay for the RD.
  • Options
    Well, what if they are divorced, how does that work? Sorry to be so full of questions but I really just don't know how it works. Thanks.
  • Options
    My FI's mother is paying for the RD - however, if neither of your future in-laws offers to pay for the RD then my guess is you are probably on your own. 
  • Options
    I agree with futuremrsdawes.But if the FI's parents are divorced, they can split the cost of the RD or just one of them can pay for the whole thing.  They still being the FI parents.
  • Options
    ditto what stage said.  You plan to pay for it unless someone else has offered.RDs can be as big as country club catered affairs or as cozy as pizza and beer in your living room.Plan the RD you can afford, and that suits your style.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies. My FI's parents are very interested in the wedding so I think that FI and I will just plan on doing the rehearsal dinner ourselves. I think it would be much easier that way. Thanks again.
  • Options
    I meant to say they aren't very interested in the wedding.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear they're not very interested in the wedding.  I have a similar situation.  My FI's Dad (his Mom is deceased) IS interested, & has offered to pay for a couple things (RD & bar tab at reception).  However, MY parents are the non-interested parties (although they ARE interested in my brother's wedding...go figure).  So we're doing just as those other postings said...plan on paying for it ourselves, & will just give grateful thanks for whatever my parents decide to contribute.
  • Options
    I think his parents are uninterested because of 2 reasons. 1) he's been married before 2) we've been together for almost 8 years so they think we should just go to the courthouse. Now, my parents, on the otherhand, are very interested. My mom is espically. I have never been married so I am loving having my mom being as excited about wedding planning as I am. They may help pay for some of the RD but I wouldn't dare ask them to since my Mom's been so great with helping me with other weddng aspects. So, I'll just plan on doing it ourselves unless someone offers. We'll see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards