Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Australian wedding traditions???...I need help!!!

Hey there!!I need help with this one please!!!I am Venezuelan, he is Australian...In my culture we have like a million and one traditions that we want to incorporate, since I'm very much into them and he wants to embrace the cultural thing....However....It's not just about me...it's his day too...He has no clue of which , if any, are the OZ wedding traditions...and beer around a bbq are def NOT happening on our wedding day...His family just says that since i'm the bride it's all up to me, and he should just let me do whatever makes me happy...Any suggestions?THANKS!!!!

Re: Australian wedding traditions???...I need help!!!

• Options
    Well, as an Australian bride, there's not too many traditions for us! We don't do stuff like the dollar dances, etc, and most ceremonies tend to be simple. A lot of Australian weddings are of a British flavour, but generally we draw from our ancestors- I'm having a Chinese wedding with some Scottish influences... so I'll be in a red dress and my Fi will be in a red kilt! But Australian 'traditions' are pretty much nonexistant, and as his family has said, they'll be happy to go along with your Venezuelan traditions. Perhaps you could find out what some of his favourite Aussie things are that he misses- Vegemite, TimTams, Iced Vo-Vo's, etc and maybe import a hamper of stuff for him as a wedding present?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards